MD Thank you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1037524

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add any of these schools:
Cornell
Mount Sinai
Case Western
Kaiser
Vanderbilt

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah you're application is top tier. You should be fine with your list.

Maybe you can add Tufts as you're from Mass. Also consider Cornell, Sinai, Pitt, Emory.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Really curious to see how you do this cycle because your stats/ECs are some of the best I've ever seen. Would be shocked if you don't get any top 10 II. Good luck!

Yeah you're application is top tier. You should be fine with your list.

Maybe you can add Tufts as you're from Mass. Also consider Cornell, Sinai, Pitt, Emory.
Thank you!

The fact that you are a Division I athlete (with a lot of demands on your time) with otherwise stellar stats and solid ECs mean that you might be OK despite just barely having checked the box for nonclinical volunteering. A gap year and another few hundred hours of clinical and nonclinical volunteering would really help you if you're gunning for top-20 schools, but if you're more after getting into medschool ASAP you've got a good shot. Good luck.

While I agree that a gap year with more clinical/non-clinical hours would help your app, you will also 100% be okay with what you have now. I literally have your exact same stats, no gap year, similar (or even lower) clinical/non-clinical hours, and had interviews at 7 of the schools on your list this cycle. As long as you are able to talk about your experiences well in your app you will be golden.

Reactions: 2 users
The fact that you are a Division I athlete (with a lot of demands on your time) with otherwise stellar stats and solid ECs mean that you might be OK despite just barely having checked the box for nonclinical volunteering. A gap year and another few hundred hours of clinical and nonclinical volunteering would really help you if you're gunning for top-20 schools, but if you're more after getting into medschool ASAP you've got a good shot. Good luck.
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback and will definitely look to resume regular volunteering asap.

While I agree that a gap year with more clinical/non-clinical hours would help your app, you will also 100% be okay with what you have now. I literally have your exact same stats, no gap year, similar (or even lower) clinical/non-clinical hours, and had interviews at 7 of the schools on your list this cycle. As long as you are able to talk about your experiences well in your app you will be golden.
Hi, appreciate the feedback and congrats on your interviews!

You’ll get several interviews from t20s. No question about that. Stats are good but nothing out of the norm for top institutions, but what you really have are few things that will “stick out” among the other competitive applicants , namely the d1 athletics and first author pub even if it is low impact journal.

key to you getting multiple acceptances will be how well you write your application and the story you put together, as well as the strength of your LORS.

do you have any leadership with the sports (captain, etc.)? Another thing to think of as covid regulations die down is potentially coaching youth for free (depends on the sport you play) to eliminate the cost barriers to organized youth sports participation. Would show initiative and dedication to the underserved . Arguably would consider prioritizing something like this over some other things you may have ongoing. Eg, the research is great, but you already have more than enough for md.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
You don’t need gap year but focus on essays and you should get T10 interviews

Last edited:
The OP's MCAT is top 10 percent and his GPA is north of the median at every school in the country...

524+ is considered 100% so must be 99.5%+

I meant to say that a 525 was in the top 10 percent for those accepted to every school in the country: 90 percent of acceptees at Harvard or Stanford don't have 525s or better.