wamc/advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ck18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I currently am a 10 year practicing physician assistant before that emt before that I was a college student albeit a horrible one.

cgpa: 3.2
sgpa (varies was a 2.9 before PA school but depending is either 2.9 or 3.1 after PA school)
graduate gpa 3.7
First try mcat was 489 and I will retake as that is awful. Took it years ago and made a 28. I did have circumstances with my most recent but it flat out dont make the cut.
as above 10 years as an EM Physician Assistant. I have excellent LOR. I'm applying to

WVSOM, edward via, lecom, pcom

Im also looking to boost my gpa a bit by doing better in physics and possibly o chem (phys was c and o chem was b and c for 1 and 2). Any good online courses?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I currently am a 10 year practicing physician assistant before that emt before that I was a college student albeit a horrible one.

cgpa: 3.2
sgpa (varies was a 2.9 before PA school but depending is either 2.9 or 3.1 after PA school)
graduate gpa 3.7
First try mcat was 489 and I will retake as that is awful. Took it years ago and made a 28. I did have circumstances with my most recent but it flat out dont make the cut.
as above 10 years as an EM Physician Assistant. I have excellent LOR. I'm applying to

WVSOM, edward via, lecom, pcom

Im also looking to boost my gpa a bit by doing better in physics and possibly o chem (phys was c and o chem was b and c for 1 and 2). Any good online courses?
So you took the MCAT before taking the prerequisites for your most recent attempt? The MCAT is notably very different now than 10 years ago, as you will need biochemistry and some social science courses before trying again. Do not take the MCAT again until you have taken those other prerequisites.

You are smart to check out DO programs, but I think you may need more on your list unless the health care systems you have been working in have a fair number of clinical faculty represented. Ask around for mentors before you put your application together.

Reactions: 1 users
yes when I made the 28 I hadn't taken physics yet. That was undergrad but I didn't get into any md schools. I realize now I was meaning to post in pre do forums as I dont think MD I would be competitive with my current stats. Thank You!