WAMC and School List Advice (Traditional)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SquirrelsEverywhere

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Good list. Brown used to take mostly their own undergrads and BS/MD but maybe being from an Ivy helps. Worth a shot. They are high tier, but perhaps try University of Chicago. Also consider:

USF
UVA
Emory
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Saint Louis
Western Michigan

Continue volunteering non-clinically and try to get back into something clinical as well.

Reactions: 1 users
IMO, your app items seem good from what you provided. Have you connected with students at the schools near the top of your wishlist? What help are you getting from your prehealth advisors/committee?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @chilly_md!

@Mr.Smile12 Thank you! I have never actually heard about connecting with current students at medical schools. Is networking like this common or helpful for admissions? I know it is for business and finance but never thought it applied to medical school as well. I have scheduled a meeting with my school's health advisor but they are very busy and it won't be for a while.

Thank you @chilly_md!

@Mr.Smile12 Thank you! I have never actually heard about connecting with current students at medical schools. Is networking like this common or helpful for admissions? I know it is for business and finance but never thought it applied to medical school as well. I have scheduled a meeting with my school's health advisor but they are very busy and it won't be for a while.
I don't know why networking is not more common for health professional school admissions, but it should be. See thread Contacting Deans of Diversity? help .

If you look at the state schools that take a significant number of OOS students (such as U Mass, Ohio State) they like high-stats applicants.