- 3.86 cGPA and 3.77 sGPA
- 515 MCAT (129/130/128/128)
- State of residence- Colorado
- Good undergrad school-my undergrad was jesuit, which might help with jesuit med schools
- 220 hours of clinical volunteering in an urgent care/emergency room
- 640 research hours in molecular biology (two different labs over two different summers) with one big presentation; will be starting a gap year job in clinical research at a T20 school soon and will have over 500 hours by the end of July
- 66 hours shadowing (8 family medicine, 24 hours plastic surgery, 8 emergency medicine, 8 pediatrics, 18 oncology)
- 100 hours volunteering in a clinic that serves an underserved Spanish-speaking community in Denver, 500 hours working at a long-term care facility doing Covid testing and planning activities for the residents, about 65 hours crocheting blankets for WarmUp America
- 190 hours as a general chemistry tutor, study abroad experience (all classes in Spanish), member of Spanish conversation group throughout college
- Graduated magna cum laude, Presidential scholarship recipient, Spanish Honors society, Deans List awards and Top 10 in my class my freshman year-distinguished first year award
- A large part of my application is revolving around my interest in serving under-served Spanish-speaking patients and pushing for structural competency in the US healthcare system. I was a double Spanish/Bio major and was a public health minor. I love the public health side of medicine and would love to incorporate serving Spanish-speaking patients into my medical career. I just completed a virtual Public and Global Health Internship based out of Oaxaca, Mexico (my original plan was to actually go to Mexico during my gap year but COVID killed that plan). I also got my Wilderness First Responder certification through a spring break program (100 hours of course time) but don't actively do anything with it- I mostly got it because I am a big skier and sailor!
- Interested in primary care mostly (community health, global health)
I need some advice on a school list, because based on my LizzyM (72.6) and WARS (80) scores, I think the list would be top-heavy and I want to be realistic. Also any help or advice on what to do to improve my application is much appreciated!
@Goro @Faha @LizzyM