WAMC and School List Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Navimoto

Reaction score
Date of submission: Not yet submit
Overall GPA: 3.53
Science GPA:3.50
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
Canadian DAT AA: 25 PAT: 24 RC: 23 Bio: 24 Chem: 30 TS: 26
State of Residence: Canadian

Undergrad Attended: Bachelors of Medical sciences with honors in immunology, about to finish my Master next month
Minority? No
Reapplicant? Yes

Shadowing Experience:
Currently shadowing a General dentist in solo practice, 30 hours and counting
Volunteering Experience: A scattering of 1 day events, such as judging in science fairs, typically something with encouraging youth in science, nothing regular/consistent
Employment: Currently about to finish my masters in my second year, usually summer jobs in retail or a restaurant, nothing dental related as I'm sort of financially tight
Research: 4th year research project, 2 year masters with one publication currently in the pipeline (!)
LOR type and strength: 2 LOR's from my advisory committee for grad school, current dentist I am shadowing. The one from my dentists may be a little lower quality given my short time with him, but my ad-com should be very good.

I hadn't done a massive amount of shadowing which I think is a massive shortcoming, but I'm hoping to get at least 70-80 by end of July and in time for the Academic Update. I'm kind of shy so it was kind of hard to get my foot into the door for shadowing but so far it's been a pretty enjoyable experience.

School list
Currently looking at schools around north east US as I'm hoping not to have to spend too much money on travel/limit my number of applications, but if it seems as though I need to apply to more schools then that can be adjusted. Also these schools at least accept the canadian DAT, but I have only done research on a few as to how many Canadians they actually accept.

MWU-IL
Marquette
Tufts
NYU
BU
Case Western
Temple
Touro (? is this school considered well-established? I saw that it was a relatively new school.)
UNE
Columbia
U Penn
Detroit Mercy
U Pitt
SUNY Buffalo
Rutgers

I suppose my specific question is, Is this too many or too few schools that I am applying to? And maybe does anyone know if any of these schools are maybe averse Canadian and I maybe overlooked it or missed it on their websites/adea explorer.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: