WAMC? Any suggestions for dental schools as an international student??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cadren3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'd love to know your opinion on my chances as an international student and what you think of my school list? Thanks for spending the time reading this!

Date of submission: 7/9/2020
Overall GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 4.0
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA:24 TS:24 PAT:20 BIO: 22 GCHEM: 26 OCHEM:26 QR:20 RC:25
State of Residence: International

Major: Biology
Minor: no
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 10 hr pediatric, 93hrs general dentist, 12hr periodontist, 9hr endodontist - total: 124hrs
Volunteering Experience: Total 332 hrs. With homeless shelter, nursing home, disability center, clubs, volunteer tutor...etc
Employment: none
Research: over a 100, 2 publications, both were supposed to be presented in Experimental Biology but....COVID
Other Extracurriculars: in 3 clubs. President of Pre-dental club and of chemistry club.
Relevant Honors or Awards: none
LOR type and strength: Committee letter that includes: 2 letters from science profs, 1 from dentist, 1 from research mentor. I believe they are all strong

School list: -
BU GSDM
Case
Colombia
Creighton
Harvard
Herman- USC
Meharry
NYU
Nova
Roseman
Tufts
Colorado
Detroit Mercy
Kentucky
Louisville
Minnesota
Nebraska
New England College
U PITT
UoP- Pacific
Virginia commonwealth
WV uni
U Penn
Temple

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You stand a very good chance. Obviously it’s harder to get a spot as an international student, but since you applied broadly, have top tier stats, and applied early you should do okay this cycle!