WAMC? Apply vs wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMH0514

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just got my MCAT score...a pretty disappointing 27 PS: 7 VR:10 BS:10.
My AACOMAS gpa is 3.517 sgpa is 3.352.
ECs: ER scribe for 2+years, shadowed hem/onc for 45 hours, volunteer at animal shelter, and member of community choir.
I'm still young (20) and I'm now debating applying this cycle or taking a year off and retaking the MCAT. My number one school is Nova, and I really don't want to apply if I wouldn't have a chance of getting into that school.
Here's my tentative school list:
Nova
Touro NY
LECOM-B
ATSU-KCOM
Alabama COM
PCOM
DMU-COM
LMU-DCOM
CampbellUSOM
CCOM
What to do?!? Thanks for all your input.

Members don't see this ad.

You should have a good chance for those DO schools...I'd apply if I were you.

You should have a good chance for those DO schools...I'd apply if I were you.
Thanks for the reply! Definitely got to think about it...I'd hate to spend $1000+ for applications then end up being turned down. haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I thin you're good to. Good luck!

Hey all,
Just got my MCAT score...a pretty disappointing 27 PS: 7 VR:10 BS:10.
My AACOMAS gpa is 3.517 sgpa is 3.352.
ECs: ER scribe for 2+years, shadowed hem/onc for 45 hours, volunteer at animal shelter, and member of community choir.
I'm still young (20) and I'm now debating applying this cycle or taking a year off and retaking the MCAT. My number one school is Nova, and I really don't want to apply if I wouldn't have a chance of getting into that school.
Here's my tentative school list:
Nova
Touro NY
LECOM-B
ATSU-KCOM
Alabama COM
PCOM
DMU-COM
LMU-DCOM
CampbellUSOM
CCOM
What to do?!? Thanks for all your input.

I thin you're good to. Good luck!
Woo, thanks! I was pretty disappointed with my score at first but it actually doesn't seem TOO horrible now, hah.