WAMC as OOS at UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anirose24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, this is a very specific WAMC because I am just wondering if it's worth applying to Davis as an OOS student given my VMCAS calculated stats. Because they only consider science and last 45 GPAs, quant GRE, and letters, that information is all that I will include here, just because the rest literally doesn't matter to them. If anyone has any experience with similar stats I'd love to hear it!

Science GPA: 3.75 (avg for OOS is 3.96)
Last 45: 3.78 (avg for OOS is 3.97)
Quant GRE: 162/78% (avg for OOS is 82%)
Letters: one from a zoo vet, one from a small animal vet, and one from my research PI (I'm assuming letters typically score similarly?)

To get an interview, you have to be the top 10% of OOS applicants given the above scores. Logically, I don't think it's possible but wanted to get some other opinions! I am applying to four other schools so it's not the end of the world if I don't apply... it's also the most expensive of all of them (though not by much), but is kind of my dream program and place.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I attended a UC Davis SVM zoom meeting about 2 weeks ago and admissions basically told us that the lower range for OOS students is usually above a 3.9 or maybe a high 3.8 for both GPAs (science and last 45). So based on your stats it’s not likely you would get an interview, unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users