WAMC at DO Schools. Thank You!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeriCheri

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I graduated in 2014 and was looking for some advice as this will be my first time applying!

I was wondering what my chances at DO schools are? I am neither URM or disadvantaged. I'm also Female dunno if this matters??

Major: Public Health B.S.
undergraduate gpa (cumulative) 3.10
undergraduate gpa (science): 3.08

Masters in Life Science M.S.
gradaute gpa: 3.8

MCAT:507

Extracurriculars:
1. Medical Scribe Hours (Family Practice): 1700 hours
2. Clinical Researcher at Children's Hospital/University Neuro Center: 300 hours
----Worked with families in underserved community and in the Pre-operative room documenting stress scores
3. Researcher for FDA Designated Therapeutic: 300 hours (My premed advisor told me this would be acceptable noted as a publication, as it is found in FDA archives)
----I am noted as one of the 4 primary authors of the study.
4. Shadowing Hours (DO): 235
5. Volunteer with children with disabilities: 140 hours
6. Volunteer as Anatomy TA local community college (in disadvantaged area): 300 hours
7. Internship at Autoimmune Clinic: 107 hours
8. Non healthcare work experience in leadership position at University Athletics Center: 1500 hours
9. Research Presentation at UC Santa Cruz 2016 for a Biomedical Engineering Study

Members don't see this ad.

EC's and MCAT are good IMO, however GPA will keep you out of some places. I would recommend applying broadly to the newer school and adding in a few of the more well established schools and I imagine you might get some love!

These are schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
ATSU-SOMA
any new schools that open for 2018. Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.