MD WAMC at getting into UCinci (my undergrad)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexxxxx

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I am a senior at ucinci and am applying this upcoming cycle, and would really like to stay in Cincinnati. I won't be applying early decision because I don't feel confident enough that I will get in, but I was wondering how likely you all think I am to get into UCCOM and possibly what I could do to make me more likely to get into this school? Thank you!!
  1. cGPA - 3.89, sGPA - 3.8
  2. 513 - 128/125/130/130
  3. Ohio
  4. White
  5. UCinci
  6. 220 hours over a 3 month span as a CNA (I know it is a short timeframe, it was done over a summer and I had to move back to the city for school)
  7. ~1 year as of now in a glioblastoma lab where I do data analysis, no pubs or posters
  8. 10 hours neurocritical care, 40 hours neurology
  9. 90 hours at a blood center over ~1.5 years, 140 hours at 2 food pantries over ~1.5 years (both will be longer by the time I apply)
  10. Taking a gap year, probably getting a clinical job of some kind
  11. nothing
  12. Learning Spanish - currently basic, hope to be able to get to a conversational level by the time interviews would be happening

Members don't see this ad.

You are in a sense repeating your post in WAMC. Do you want us to answer one thread instead of splitting our attention into multiple threads?
I'm sorry, can you close the other thread? The advice that someone gave me from there helped me out and I think I have a good school list now, just wanting to know about any things I can do to boost my chances for getting into UC specifically.

Members don't see this ad :)
How often have you interacted with students, faculty, or staff at the med school while you have been a student?
My PI who I am pretty close with is a college of medicine faculty (PhD), but other than that, no meaningful interactions.