WAMC- be honest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesertFish

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: next cycle (summer 2021)
Overall GPA: 3.96
Science GPA:3.96
DAT score: 23 AA, Bio, 23 Gen Chem 23, TS 23, OChem 22, PAT 27, QR 25, RC 20

State of Residence: PA

Undergrad Attended: Small local college
Major: Microbiology
Minor: chemistry
Minority?
Asian, so no.
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no

Shadowing Experience:
general dentists (2x) (40 hrs total)
Volunteering Experience: American red cross, ER in hospital, paramedic base (~barely 100)
Employment: Student ambassador, customer service, teaching, Dental assistant (80 hrs, but cant work there now bc of covid)
Research: was supposed to start in spring but COVID
Other Extracurriculars: Photography club, Chem club (Secretary), Speech and debate (VP)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list every semester, Board of gov. scholarship (full ride), 3 debate awards
LOR type and strength: committee letter, two lab professors, debate coach, dentist who I shadowed and then worked for, orgo professor
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere:
So I can graduate a year (3 yrs) early but Idk if I should. I was going to start job hunting for any job related to biology in the spring before the semester ends but Idk if I should apply to graduate now or not. Also nervous that the next cycle is going to be even more competitive and my lack of research is going to bite me in the posterior.

School list:
Temple
Upenn
Pitt

UMD

NYU
Colombia

UCLA
UCSF

Touro
Harvard

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Undergrad Attended: Small local college nothing fancy
Minority?
Asian, so no.
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no?

Shadowing Experience:
Volunteering Experience: American red cross, ER in hospital, paramedic base (~barely 100)
Employment: Student ambassador, customer service, teaching, Dental assistant (80 hrs, but cant work there now bc of covid)
Research: was supposed to start in spring but COVIDDDDD
Other Extracurriculars: Photography club, Chem club (Secretary), Speech and debate (VP)
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list every semester, Board of gov. scholarship (full ride), 3 debate awards
LOR type and strength: committee letter, two lab professors, debate coach, dentist who I shadowed and then worked for, orgo professor (I think that they all should be okay?)
So I can graduate a year (3 yrs) early but Idk if I should. I was going to start job hunting for any job related to biology in the spring before the semester ends but Idk if I should apply to graduate now or not. Also high-key nervous that my RC score is trash and that the next cycle is going to be even more competitive and my lack of research is going to bite me in the posterior.

School list:
Temple
Upenn
Pitt

UMD

NYU
Colombia

UCLA
UCSF

Touro
Harvard (LMAO let me dream)

I actually dont know how to find schools to apply to I know that some schools like Oregon schools (dream school :( tho)and Texas schools are extremely instate only so I dont want to though my money down drain .
I think you have really good scores! Sure that RC is a little low but its well above average. I would try to log at least 100 shadowing hours. Research is great, but I don't think you'll be in trouble. Im sure lots of research opportunities for a lot of applicants were canceled due to COVID. As for a job hunt do what you feel is best for you. I feel you should get many acceptances:)

Reactions: 1 user

Undergrad Attended: Small local college nothing fancy
Minority?
Asian, so no.
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no?

Shadowing Experience:
Research: was supposed to start in spring but COVIDDDDD
LOR type and strength: committee letter, two lab professors, debate coach, dentist who I shadowed and then worked for, orgo professor (I think that they all should be okay?)
So I can graduate a year (3 yrs) early but Idk if I should. I was going to start job hunting for any job related to biology in the spring before the semester ends but Idk if I should apply to graduate now or not. Also high-key nervous that my RC score is trash and that the next cycle is going to be even more competitive and my lack of research is going to bite me in the posterior.

School list:
Temple
Upenn
Pitt

UMD

NYU
Colombia

UCLA
UCSF

Touro
Harvard (LMAO let me dream)

I actually dont know how to find schools to apply to I know that some schools like Oregon schools (dream school :( tho)and Texas schools are extremely instate only so I dont want to though my money down drain .

I think you should take the extra year to graduate and gain more maturity...

Reactions: 1 user