WAMC c/o 2028 2nd time applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmak01

Reaction score
22 y/o female, PA resident, second-time applicant

Cumulative GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.45
Last 45 GPA: 3.75

Degree: B.S. Biology with a cell & molecular concentration, Spanish minor

Schools: Not sure yet for c/o 2028 cycle- any advice on holistic admissions would be much appreciated :) This past cycle I did Penn, Michigan, Western, LIU, Illinois, OSU, Cornell, Arizona, LMU, WSU, CSU

Vet Experience: 3000 hrs as vet assistant at local small animal/exotics clinic, 100 hrs of equine shadowing

Animal Experience: 2000 hrs for non-profit rabbit rescue, 500 hrs as kennel attendant, 5000 hrs on my family dairy farm

Research: 190 hrs as I collected/analyzed data on invasive plant species, 500 hrs on white tailed deer parasites

Employment: 500 hrs as babysitter, 50 hrs as Spanish tutor, 600 hrs working as a shift supervisor at my school's scholarship funding campaign

Volunteer: 1000 hrs as a receptionist at a retirement home

Extracurriculars: Tri-beta biology honor society vice president, vice president of cooking club, her campus, pre-vet club

Achievements/Awards: Outstanding young citizen award in local newspaper, Dean's list every semester, scholarships, member of 3 honor societies at school

I applied to 11 schools this cycle and have been rejected from most of them, so I'm feeling quite discouraged and like I am definitely going to have do another cycle. Any advice on how to improve my application? I got two new internships for at least over the summer, if not into next year. One is riding along with a farm vet on calls, and another is at a wildlife rehabilitation facility.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you been able to do an application review with the schools you applied to?

Who wrote your letters? Did they look over your application essays or other materials? Definitely do your outreach to the schools and make sure you show remarkable improvement where necessary.