WAMC CA 3.73 514

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGreatAli

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, would appreciate advice, and whether I should add more schools than just 25.

3.73 GPA, 3.69 sGPA
514 MCAT (125 CARS*****)
URM at some specific schools (pacific islander)
-poster presentation
-250 clinical hours
-600+ hours working with variety of underprivileged/minority groups (LGBTQ+, Indigenous, Impoverished, People with disabilities)
-500+ work hours in leadership roles
-50 hours shadowing
-500+ hours in theatre
-500+ hours research, working on first author paper

List:
A tier
UCLA (URM)
University of Pittsburgh (URM)
Mayo (URM)
UC San Diego

Mid tier
Ohio State
Keck ->Disadvantaged first generation
Rochester
Darthmouth (URM)
Hofstra
Einstein
University of Virginia

Others
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC SF (URM)
University of Colorado (URM)
SUNY Upstate (URM)
Wayne State
Eastern Virginia (URM)
George Washington
Temple
Drexel
Quinnipac
Tufts (URM)
Saint Louis
Georgetown

A good list? Too top heavy? More schools? 125 CARS doomed? I understand California is a disadvantage so I just need advice.
**I cannot go to a school that requires CASPer.

Thanks,
Ali

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add these schools:
New York Medical College
Jefferson
Miami
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton

agreed I think your list looks good. It's not too top heavy. also most of the top tier schools on your list consider you URM. I wouldn't worry too much about the 125 CARS score. it definitely doesn't doom you.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add these schools:
New York Medical College
Jefferson
Miami
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton

Thank you! These schools I will take into consideration.

agreed I think your list looks good. It's not too top heavy. also most of the top tier schools on your list consider you URM. I wouldn't worry too much about the 125 CARS score. it definitely doesn't doom you.
Would you have any idea where I address the 125 CARS? I noticed in the primary, theres no section for explaining any red flags. As for URM, the ones that I noted were the ones that clearly state pacific islander in their diversity statement, however I couldn't find that information for the rest. I do see that pacific islanders are heavily underrepresented in all medical schools based on MSAR (only 1-2 ppl per entering class). Thank you for your help!