MD & DO WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BanananMeow

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Rush
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
California University
Kaiser
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Thank you so much @Faha! Are there any DO schools you would recommend? I feel like I should apply to a good amount of them too!

I'm also really concerened that I might be rejected due to my low shadowing hours. Would that be a problem for DO or MD schools?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Although your shadowing hours are low you have more than enough clinical exposure hours. Yes, as a CA applicant it is good idea to apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
ACOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)

• Love
@Goro are there any DO schools you would recommend beyond what the amazing Faha has said? I'm leaning towards DO because I do have a strong interest in primary care and I like the DO philosophy, but I just want to keep my options open (what with everyone saying you can't decide on your residency so early).

WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
ACOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
CUSOM

Suggest CCOM (but watch tuition) Touro-NY, NYITCOM, PacNW, both Westerns,

• Love
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
ACOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
CUSOM

Suggest CCOM (but watch tuition) Touro-NY, NYITCOM, PacNW, both Westerns,
Thank you so much for the additional schools! Also, do you think my my service hours are too low? I know that DO schools prize commitment to the community and undeserved populations, or even unique experiences / extracurricular that take you out of your comfort zone, and I'm worried I have few extracurriculars that demonstrate that.

Sorry for being a bother! I'm just a bit nervous with my application, being from CA and ORM along with relatively average stats.

Thank you so much for the additional schools! Also, do you think my my service hours are too low? I know that DO schools prize commitment to the community and undeserved populations, or even unique experiences / extracurricular that take you out of your comfort zone, and I'm worried I have few extracurriculars that demonstrate that.

Sorry for being a bother! I'm just a bit nervous with my application, being from CA and ORM along with relatively average stats.
You're fine!!!