WAMC? Canadian, 3.97 and 517

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgetit2022

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Michigan State
Wayne State
Boston University
Case Western
Dartmouth
George Washington
Georgetown
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
St. Louis
SUNY Upstate
Stony Brook
Tulane
Virginia Commonwealth

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Michigan State
Wayne State
Boston University
Case Western
Dartmouth
George Washington
Georgetown
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
New York Medical College
St. Louis
SUNY Upstate
Stony Brook
Tulane
Virginia Commonwealth
Thanks for the list! Thoughts on Pitt, Mayo, Emory and/or Cornell? Also, should I consider retaking my MCAT? The bulk of US med schools that accept Canadians seem to have 520+ mcat averages

Why do you want to apply to US schools and not to Canadian/Ontario programs?
I'm applying to Canadian med schools as well (applied to a couple this year) but I want to increase my chances of getting in somewhere and don't mind working/studying in the States.

Thanks for the list! Thoughts on Pitt, Mayo, Emory and/or Cornell? Also, should I consider retaking my MCAT? The bulk of US med schools that accept Canadians seem to have 520+ mcat averages
Emory would be fine but the other 3 admitted only 1 to 3 internationals last year. Usually low numbers are from applicants who went to the undergraduate school.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying to Canadian med schools as well (applied to a couple this year) but I want to increase my chances of getting in somewhere and don't mind working/studying in the States.
I am hesitant to give you encouragement about US schools unless you know how friendly they are to Canadian applicants. Then there is the closed border due to the pandemic.