WAMC cGPA: 3.65 sGPA:3.57 MCAT: 510

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SiiKzAZN

Reaction score
Hello fellow SDN posters! I finally caved in and created an account after lurking for years. Anyways, I'm in the last semester of school and need some pointers on a school list and help with whether or not my chances at MD are shot. I say this because I started out my college education on the wrong foot. I was one of those students not exactly knowing what to do, I just went the pre-med route because I knew I wanted to do something in the medical field. However, before college, I had never really studied, had no time management skills and was never really into academics. This resulted in me having a tough time finding a way to study and manage my time with education, volunteering and working. Knowing what I know now, I definitely was doing way too much and that resulted in some red flags. This includes a couple of D's in core classes (I have since retaken these classes with an A and B), and 5 withdrawals due to me deciding that I wanted to drop out for about 1.5 years where I worked in EMS and as an ED tech in order to figure out what I really wanted to. During that time, I got to actually see what working as a provider was like in a hospital setting and decided that I wanted to go back to school to become a doctor. Since then, I have gotten A's in the classes I withdrew from. Below are my current stats and would appreciate any feedback and advice!

1. cGPA: 3.65 sGPA: 3.57
2. MCAT: 510
3. State of Residence: AZ
4. Ethnicity: Asian (Male)
5. Clinical Experience: 2000+ hours of EMS and currently work as an ED tech since 2019
6. Research Experience: 100+ hours of research in a lab
7. Shadowing Experience: 50+ hours shadowing Emergency Medicine docs/PAs and Cardiac NP.
8. Non-clinical volunteering: ~100 hours
9. Clinical Volunteering: ~100 hours of doing free clinics in Mexico.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple