WAMC cgpa:3.65, sgpa:3.59 URM mcat 510

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jigjiga2021

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Late applicant here and would love some advice on schools to apply to and chances of acceptance.

State/country: MN
Ethnicity: African Immigrant (age7), URM, disadvantaged
Ties: None
Undergrad major: Bio
Cgpa: 3.66 amcas due to PSEO grades undergrad cum: 3.70
Sgpa: 3.59 Upward trend but 2 B's in physics senior year :/
Waiting on mcat score: tested aug 7th fl range was 500-508 expecting a 505, I don't plan to apply with less than a 503.
Amcas primary app: Submitted July 12, approved Aug 12th.
Research experience: 1000 hours
Clinical experience paid: 1700 across two CNA jobs.
Publications/Abstracts/Posters (include how you were credited e.g. First author, second author, etc.): Second author of a research pub, presented a poster at a national medical conference.
Physician Shadowing: About 60 hours hospital medicine and med/peds
Non-Clinical Volunteering: 2000 hours of being a mentor for muslim girls at my community center from from 2014-2019,
ECs/leadership: President of a student group I founded for pre-health students. Also many mentorship EC's on my app.
Immediate family members in medicine: No, but dad got his masters while I was in college. Mom never attended college. Both immigrants.
Specialty of Interest: I love kids so I'm leaning towards Med-peds but nothing on my app mentions this
Interest in Primary Care (Y/N): Y
Interest in Rural Health (Y/N): N
Currently employed as a full time science teacher.
I know I am at a great disadvantage by applying late. I won't have my score until sept 8th, but I will be pre-writing those secondaries and hope to be complete by mid September, is this way too late with my stats? I will probably spend the next year preparing to be a re-applicant just in case.
School list so far ( haven't sent a primary to these school's yet) I plan to apply to 20 medical schools. Any advice is appreciated, thanks so much!
  • University of Minnesota TC
  • Morehouse school of medicine
  • Howard university school of medicine
  • Meharry medical college
  • Albany Medical college

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
it is not possible to determine if your list of schools is appropriate without a real MCAT score. Post your actual score here when available in September and I will suggest schools you can add to your application.

Reactions: 1 user
You should add UVM.

Members don't see this ad :)
it is not possible to determine if your list of schools is appropriate without a real MCAT score. Post your actual score here when available in September and I will suggest schools you can add to your application.
Okay will do so! Thanks. Do you think theres any benefit of sending in secondaries without your mcat score? Or would it be better to wait until the score comes in then to submit?

Okay will do so! Thanks. Do you think theres any benefit of sending in secondaries without your mcat score? Or would it be better to wait until the score comes in then to submit?
Wait until the score arrives. Your application will not be reviewed until you have a MCAT score.

Hi. I received a 510 for my score with my lowest being a 125. Thank you so much in advance for your assistance in narrowing down my school list.

Hi. I received a 510 for my score with my lowest being a 125. Thank you so much in advance for your assistance in narrowing down my school list.
I suggest adding these schools today:
UCLA Drew
Mayo
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rush
Northwestern
St. Louis
Creighton
Indiana
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Miami
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Vermont
Dartmouth
Boston University
Brown

I suggest adding these schools today:
UCLA Drew
Mayo
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rush
Northwestern
St. Louis
Creighton
Indiana
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Miami
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Vermont
Dartmouth
Boston University
Brown
Hiii! So I did apply to some on the list but added some more of my own. I ended up being accepted to Vermont, Quinnipiac, Jefferson, U of Rochester ny, U of M tc, I interviewed with mayo but i withdrew after I was waitlisted. 5/6 interviews led to acceptances. God is Great. Thanks to everyone for the support. Thanks @Faha for the list.

Reactions: 2 users
Hiii! So I did apply to some on the list but added some more of my own. I ended up being accepted to Vermont, Quinnipiac, Jefferson, U of Rochester ny, U of M tc, I interviewed with mayo but i withdrew after I was waitlisted. 5/6 interviews led to acceptances. God is Great. Thanks to everyone for the support. Thanks @Faha for the list.
Congratulations !!!