Delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seagerco1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Great app and good list.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
  1. cGPA: 3.72 / sGPA: 3.69 (upward trend with 4.0 senior year)
  2. MCAT: 521 (131/127/131/132)
  3. State: CA (born in PA)
  4. Ethnicity/race: ORM (asian)
  5. Undergrad institution: UC
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer):
    1. Volunteer: 400 hours at hospital-mostly spent keeping patients company, doing art or playing card games with them
    2. Non-volunteer: 500 hours as a part-time medical assistant
  7. Research experience and productivity:
    1. ~1500 hours at time of application next cycle. Working as a researcher/lab manager at SOM. 1 or 2 published papers with 2nd/3rd authorship at time of application with 2-4 additional submitted/under review
    2. Additional ~500 hours at undergrad institution where I had my own project that I designed and conducted. Got to present a poster and conduct a senior thesis out of this project.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. 50 hours: 10 hours anesthesia, 10 hours gen surg, 10 hours internal med, 10 hours optho (would like to get more primary care shadowing hours)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. ~240 hours doing a science outreach program at elementary school with students of low socioeconomic status. Got to teach elementary students fun, hands on science projects/crafts that taught simple fundamental scientific laws and principles.
  10. Other extracurricular activities
    1. Was VP of prehealth organization at my undergrad institution but most specifically focused on developing and running an underclassmen mentorship program for pre-health students, pairing knowledgeable, experienced upperclassmen students with underclassmen to provide guidance and experience-based knowledge.
    2. Tutor
    3. Ran a small woodworking business in undergrad
    4. Club sport
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    1. $350 research grant in my name for undergraduate research.

Is my school list too top heavy? Thank you for your time.

NYU
Washington University
Vanderbilt
Mayo Clinic
Case Western
Duke
Mount Sinai
University of Virginia
UCSF
Boston University
Pittsburgh
USC
UCLA
UCSD
UCI
Hofstra
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Michigan
Rochester
Dartmouth
Brown
Western Michigan
USF Morsani
Kaiser
Emory
Tufts
U of Iowa
U of Maryland
UMass
Thomas Jefferson
Saint Louis University
Miami
George Washington
Georgetown
UCDavis
Good list. Consider Wake, Stanford, and Einstein. NYU might be a reach with the GPAs, even with the rising GPA trends. Columbia and Vandy might show you some more love. Delete U MD, replace with U VM