MD & DO WAMC: cGPA: 3.73, 3.65(AACOMAS) 3.45(AMCAS) 502 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Idaho resident.

-cGPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.45 (AMCAS) 3.65 (AACOMAS)
-MCAT: 502 (125/126/125/126)
-Shadowing: 100 hours- 4 Pulmonary physicians, 1 cardiologist, 1 oncologist. 1 DO Neuro-intensivist
-Patient exposure: Medical assistant for Pulmonologist and scribe for Ophthalmologist (2000+ total hours and counting) Helped start and currently volunteer at free medical clinic in my community- approx. 30 hours and counting
-Volunteer/Community service: Medical missions trip for 2 weeks as Lab tech and scribe for physicians; Serve at my church on Saturdays for 3 hours for approx. 3 years. (50+ hours) Free medical clinic as MA
-Leadership: Served as VP and President for club on campus. Also served as outreach coordinator for same club. Also a part of leadership development group with my church.
-Research Experience: Co-2nd author publication in low impact journal. Approx 400 hours over 8 months.

Very interested in rural medicine. Scribe for a rural Ophthalmologist in a town <30,000.

School list:
University of Washington
All DO schools

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

@Faha Thank you for the input! Am I behind the 8 ball with respect to UW? My MCAT and sGPA is at the 25th percentile.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone recommend I retake? I'm interested in a few various subspecialties in IM like Cards, GI, Pulm/CC, maybe even Heme/Onc. Also interested in Anesthesiology. With these interests in mind, should I be truly considering more MD than DO or is a retake not worth the risk of scoring the same/worse.

Sorry to bump this thread but I’ve come up with a specific list so far based on my MCAT right now. I am considering a retake because of the huge difference between my practice test scores and real score (510-513 vs 502). Thanks for the help!

Osteopathic
PNWU
RVUCOM
AT Still Arizona
AT Still KCOM
AZCOM
KCUCOM
Des Moines COM
LUCOM
Western COM-Oregon
ICOM
Marian University