WAMC (cGPA 3.84/ sGPA 3.72 / mcat 509)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldtoes

Reaction score
Hey all,

New to SDN and trying to pick up on the lingo and abbreviations used so sorry if I don't know what something means or do something wrong.

Currently finishing my last year of undergrad BS in Biology and graduate in march. Applied this cycle but haven't heard anything back about II's.

My current application shows I have a year+ worth of scribing experience in the ED, 100+ hours shadowing in primary care, 100+ hours volunteering in hospital, AMWA club participation/mentorship program at my undergrad. Letters of rec from orgo prof, biochem prof, public health prof, and then I have letters from 1 MD and 1 DO applied accordingly to MD and DO schools.

A bunch of time for extra experiences was taken away by covid and also I had to take care of my family during undergrad so a lot of my extra time was spent doing that. Ik that admissions is being considerate of covid, however I still feel like my application is lightweight in the experiences category and I don't know if its worth re-taking the MCAT.

Right now I am doing research/lab volunteering but I dont know if they will care about that and currently dont know if my name will be published on anything.

Im basically anticipating not getting in this cycle and trying to figure out what I should do next.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? Which schools did you apply to ? Have you had or are you scheduled for any interviews ?

Where is your state of residence ? Which schools did you apply to ? Have you had or are you scheduled for any interviews ?
I'm an Oregon resident and I applied to mostly if not exclusively private schools out of Oregon. I have not had any II's.

I applied to the following schools:

MD
- OHSU
- Wake Forest
- Hackensack
- Albany
- University of Oklahoma
-George Washington

DO
- Campbell
- VCOM
- Oklahoma State
- University Incarnate World

Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive multiple DO interviews with your stats. You should add more DO schools to your application this week and I suggest all these:
PNWU-COM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
ACOM
WVSOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
Touro-NY
NYITCOM

I'm sorry that things aren't going well! If you do need to reapply, I implore you to be very careful with the OK schools. Because both receive funding from the state, they are required to have OK residents comprise the overwhelming majority of each incoming class. OU is especially tough with an OOS acceptance rate somewhere between 1 and 2%. Strong ties may help, but your chances at admission are unfortunately very low as a non-OK resident.