This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElectronOrbitals

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest adding these schools to your application:
Hofstra
Dartmouth
Brown
Tufts
Cornell
Georgetown
Miami
USF Morsani
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
UCSD
UCSF
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
Tulane

I suggest adding these schools to your application:
Hofstra
Dartmouth
Brown
Tufts
Cornell
Georgetown
Miami
USF Morsani
Creighton
Loyola
Rush
UCSD
UCSF
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
Tulane
Thank you for the reply Faha! Regarding the research would you say try to keep looking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Follow up to that - being that I'm working ~50 hours per week right now would you say it'd be important to get more research before I apply or before I matriculate? A lot of labs near me won't take students that commit less than ~10 hours per week

Again, appreciate the input!

Follow up to that - being that I'm working ~50 hours per week right now would you say it'd be important to get more research before I apply or before I matriculate? A lot of labs near me won't take students that commit less than ~10 hours per week

Again, appreciate the input!
Research may be important at schools that place much value on research but will not matter for most of the schools you will be applying to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@Goro @LizzyM (seems that a lot of people ask you for input as well) I'd love to hear your thoughts on having a lack of research with my current application? Thank you!

If you are aiming for research heavy schools (which you seem to be), it would be advantageous to get some research in. You already have plenty of teaching/tutoring experience, so unless you really love it you can maybe do some research instead and put some projected hours or something. Otherwise you have a great application.

Do you have NY residency or Ca? If NY, apply to ALL state schools in NY. And likewise if you have Ca residency.

As of now your list is very top heavy, I would look into adding some from the following:

-Hofstra
-Jefferson
-Temple
-Drexel
-Miami
-GTown
-George Washington
-UCSD
-Rochester
-Tufts

If you are aiming for research heavy schools (which you seem to be), it would be advantageous to get some research in. You already have plenty of teaching/tutoring experience, so unless you really love it you can maybe do some research instead and put some projected hours or something. Otherwise you have a great application.

Do you have NY residency or Ca? If NY, apply to ALL state schools in NY. And likewise if you have Ca residency.

As of now your list is very top heavy, I would look into adding some from the following:

-Hofstra
-Jefferson
-Temple
-Drexel
-Miami
-GTown
-George Washington
-UCSD
-Rochester
-Tufts
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it! 100% agree, I want to get more research in, I just need to balance job + classes which is going to be a bit "interesting" to do to say the least.