WAMC Cycle 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiiiiii@8

Reaction score
Date of submission: Planning on June 1st
Overall GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 3.8
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.7
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 19 PAT 17 RC 21 QR 20 BIO 21 OC 22 GC, 20 AA 21 TS
State of Residence: PA

Undergrad Attended: Liberal Arts College
Major: Neuroscience
Minority? Yes, Middle Eastern (Egyptian)
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 500+ shadowing 300 DA
Volunteering Experience: Roughly 100+
Employment: Self Employed own my own business customizing sneakers with paint.
Research: Hours and type; 420hrs of Neuroscience Research working towards publication
Other Extracurriculars:
- President of Arab Organization, Treasurer of AED, Treasurer of Minorities of Pre-Health. ( A lot )
- Soup Kitchen ( a lot)
- Part of a church organization been serving my whole life ( A lot)

Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list every semester and presidential scholarship, Upenn Dental Course certificate on Coursera. Upenn Dental Summer to Introductory Program (Week long program)
LOR type and strength: Two science professors strong, One strong letter from general dentist
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Concerned about the 17 Reading
School list:
-UPenn is my dream school, but I know its unrealistic.
-Temple Dental
- Rutgers
- Pitt
-Tuffs
- LECOM
- NOVA
-UW

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 19 PAT 17 RC 21 QR 20 BIO 21 OC 22 GC, 20 AA 21 TS

Minority? Yes
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Research: Hours and type; 420hrs of Neuroscience Research working towards publication
Other Extracurriculars:
- President of Arab Organization, Treasurer of AED, Treasurer of Minorities of Pre-Health. ( A lot )
- Soup Kitchen ( a lot)

Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list every semester and presidential scholarship
LOR type and strength: Two science professors strong, One strong letter from general dentist
School list:
-Temple Dental
- Rutgers
- Pitt
-Tuffs
- LECOM
- NOVA
-UW
-Any suggestions?
there's a difference between "mediocre" and "average"
your DAT is "average"...

Minority? Yes
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Other Extracurriculars:
- Soup Kitchen ( a lot)

Relevant Honors or Awards: deans list every semester and presidential scholarship
School list:
-Temple Dental
- Rutgers
- Pitt
-Tuffs
- LECOM
- NOVA
-UW
-Any suggestions?
School list:
Please include a list of schools you are interested in applying to! It is much easier for users to help you when you have taken the time to construct your own school list first!

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you born outside the United States, but are a US citizen? Is English not your household native language?

How much is involved with your entrepreneurship? Time and money?

If you want to be around a lot of Muslims and serving that community, I'd give UDM a try instead of Penn (because you KNOW it's a donation).

Other than that, I have no sense of "why dentistry" from the information given.

why do u need to know why dentistry? lol i didnt ask for personal statement feedback?
I am an american citizen and speak another language in my house.
You asked experts about what we thought your chances are. If you are a prepared applicant, you should answer the most common question you will encounter in the application process and after you get accepted. What feedback have you gotten from your prehealth advisor?

Please describe your minority status since you answered "yes."

That said, very strong candidates have a strong profile and evidence of activities that the PS ties it all together. This type of application is very appealing in holistic review, which most dental schools employ.

Yeah, your DAT definitely isn’t mediocre. It’s average (average of all matriculants is ~20.5). Everything else about your app looks good. Minority status (URM or ORM)?

And yeah, how do you feel about your PS?

Yeah, your DAT definitely isn’t mediocre. It’s average (average of all matriculants is ~20.5). Everything else about your app looks good. Minority status (URM or ORM)?

And yeah, how do you feel about your PS?
URM for sure. I have a story in mind. I feel like it will be very strong on why I want to do Dentistry,

Were you born outside the United States, but are a US citizen? Is English not your household native language?

How much is involved with your entrepreneurship? Time and money?

If you want to be around a lot of Muslims and serving that community, I'd give UDM a try instead of Penn (because you KNOW it's a donation).

Other than that, I have no sense of "why dentistry" from the information given.
I was born in the United States. However, I speak mainly Arabic at home. I understand it doesn't really matter since I was born here. A lot of time has been in involved with my entrepreneurship. Started in Covid (senior year of Hs) and being going on ever since. Rough estimate would be at least 500+ hrs. In terms of money, it is a five figure business. Would I have to share that info with admissions? I am not Muslim. I am Coptic Orthodox, which is a very small christian denomination. I'm Egyptian and I believe we make up 9 percent of Egypt, but do not quote me on that. I am not really worried about why dentistry. I have many reasons for wanting to become a dentist. Ranging from being good with my hands to being on the smilebus in elementary school. My business requires me to be able to draw portraits on shoes and detail is a big part of it. Thats why I brought up the business. Therefore, the fact that I am good with my hands is only going to benefit me in dental school and then out in the field.

Reactions: 1 user
I was born in the United States. However, I speak mainly Arabic at home. I understand it doesn't really matter since I was born here. A lot of time has been in involved with my entrepreneurship. Started in Covid (senior year of Hs) and being going on ever since. Rough estimate would be at least 500+ hrs. In terms of money, it is a five figure business. Would I have to share that info with admissions? I am not Muslim. I am Coptic Orthodox, which is a very small christian denomination. I'm Egyptian and I believe we make up 9 percent of Egypt, but do not quote me on that. I am not really worried about why dentistry. I have many reasons for wanting to become a dentist. Ranging from being good with my hands to being on the smilebus in elementary school. My business requires me to be able to draw portraits on shoes and detail is a big part of it. Thats why I brought up the business. Therefore, the fact that I am good with my hands is only going to benefit me in dental school and then out in the field.
Many applicants are entrepreneurs and mention it in their applications. Dentistry is also very entrepreneurial so it is a plus. Definitely I'd include it.

There are a few Coptic Orthodox applicants and students I have reviewed and interviewed. While there is no website, there is a Coptic Dental Society.