WAMC D.O. MCAT 501 ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjdwlgns612

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.3 and sGPA: 3.6 (if I calculated this right - wasn't too sure with my engineering undergrad classes).
  2. MCAT: 501 (124,124,126,127)
  3. State of residence: GA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Georgia Tech, Mechanical Engineering B.S.
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): Full-time EMT currently (~300 hours by May, will keep working full time throughout application cycle). Volunteer at hospital (60 hours, ended due to COVID).
  7. Research experience and productivity: 56 hours
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 4 hours (dermatology - before covid). Can't get anymore due to COVID, but did some online shadowing... eh.
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 62 hours (habitat for humanity, love doing this. slowed down due to covid AGAIN. always covid huh.). ~100 hours at a motorcycle shop.
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Project Engineering Manager full time for 1 year after graduation. + just a lot of other engineering related extracurriculars due to me changing career paths recently.
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Nothing related to medical.
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important:
    4.0 post-bacc GPA. Had to get a 4.0 to get raise my god-awful engineering GPA LOL.
    Non-trad.
    First person in my family going to college.
    Immigrated when I was 7.
    My engineering background. Worked for a year as a manager, then found out I loved the medical field. Got my EMT license, did post-bacc classes, volunteered, took MCAT.

What are my chances for DO? Was wondering if I should retake the MCAT for DO schools? I am aiming to be FM or IM, no fancy specialties. Just want to be a doc :)

Thank you guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

You could receive interviews at many DO schools and I suggest all these:
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
ACOM
ARCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
WCU-COM
ARCOM