WAMC DACA applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FPVRay

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Removed

Throw away for a friend.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
-Your #12 is pretty common with international students. There aren’t a lot of MD schools either. Checkout Loyola. They used to have a special program for DACA students BUT I’m not sure they still do.
-In many(most?) cases Asians are not URM. You’ll have to check to see if you are really URM.
-You seem to have no clinical experience with the sick, injured or dying. What you have is clinical research. In most cases the people you work with are not patients at all. They are considered subjects. The way you worded your description (Working full time as a clinical coordinator for multiple studies at a T5 institution (3+ years) sounds more research focused.
-I understand your feelings that”Drexel screwed you over “ but ultimately it’s your responsibility to fulfill requirements. It’s not a good look to blame someone else.
-How many hours of church work did you accumulate ? What did you do? You need some shadowing with a primary care physician.
- What are your sGPAs. Your cGPAs are okay. Your MCAT is below average for MD and fine for DO.
-When are you planning to apply?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Candbgirl.
-Probably should of gone more in-depth with the clinical experience. Many of the patients that we work with are cancer patients. Deff sick and/or dying. I do see the patients directly for follow ups. I follow their treatment plans. I wouldn’t call it acute however.
- Looking to fulfill the ochem lab requirements.
- Church work about ~100hrs. Feed the homeless in an under representative area. Very close with the site coordinator and director.
- I was planning on applying this cycle.
- sGPA is a ~3.5

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Candbgirl.
-Probably should of gone more in-depth with the clinical experience. Many of the patients that we work with are cancer patients. Deff sick and/or dying. I do see the patients directly for follow ups. I follow their treatment plans. I wouldn’t call it acute however.
- Looking to fulfill the ochem lab requirements.
- Church work about ~100hrs. Feed the homeless in an under representative area. Very close with the site coordinator and director.
- I was planning on applying this cycle.
- sGPA is a ~3.5
Definitely explain what you do in the clinical area. Maybe even don’t use “clinical coordinator for multiple studies…”. It sounds so research involved . You need more nonclinical volunteering. You have lots of research so figure out how to show your altruism. Medicine is a service profession and you have to show ADCOMS that you can and will be able to work with all kinds of people.
Good luck on your application process.