WAMC Dental 22 DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mwdental7

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was curious to know what my chances of getting into dental school are with the current list of schools that I have given my stats.

Cumulative GPA: 3.80
BCPM GPA: 3.67
DAT: 22 AA/19 BIO/20 GC/19 OC/24 QR/29 RC/22 PAT/19 TS
State of Residence: Texas

Major: Biology
Minor: Spanish
Minority: Yes
Reapplicant: No

Shadowing (General/Pediatric/Oral Surgery): 102 Hours
Volunteer: 155 Hours (Elementary School Mentor and GRE Math Classes for Spanish Speakers)
Dental Assistant at Low Income Dental Clinic
Extracurricular Activities: Track and Field Athlete
LOR Type: Committee Letter and Dentist

School List:
1. Texas A&M College of Dentistry
2. UT Health San Antonio
3. UT Health Houston
4. Woody L. Hunt (Texas Tech- El Paso)
5. University of North Carolina (Edit: Replaced with Meharry)
6. Colorado
7. UCSF

Let me know if I should make adjustments to the list, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,
I was curious to know what my chances of getting into dental school are with the current list of schools that I have given my stats.

Biology Major, Spanish Minor
Cumulative GPA: 3.80
BCPM GPA: 3.67
DAT: 22 AA/19 BIO/20 GC/19 OC/24 QR/29 RC/22 PAT
Shadowing (General/Pediatric/Oral Surgery): 102 Hours
Volunteer: 155 Hours (Elementary School Mentor and GRE Math Classes for Spanish Speakers)
Dental Assistant at Low Income Dental Clinic
Underrepresented Minority
Track and Field Athlete

School List:
1. Texas A&M College of Dentistry
2. UT Health San Antonio
3. UT Health Houston
4. Woody L. Hunt (Texas Tech- El Paso)
5. University of North Carolina
6. Colorado
7. UCSF

Let me know if I should make adjustments to the list, thanks!

what's your TS?

Members don't see this ad :)
TBH, 5 out of your 7 schools are amongst the most competitive in the country...
I have also participated in two Summer Pre-Dental Programs at Texas A&M so I have gained exposure to the program and have met with admissions and professors as well, if that helps.

the OOS average for UNC is 24 AA. I would apply to more schools that are OOS friendly and somewhat affordable.
As a TX resident and URM you have a better shot than most at the Texas schools. However, you should still apply to schools that are OOS friendly

Reactions: 1 user
the OOS average for UNC is 24 AA. I would apply to more schools that are OOS friendly and somewhat affordable.
As a TX resident and URM you have a better shot than most at the Texas schools. However, you should still apply to schools that are OOS friendly
Thank you for the input! I saw that UNC's average was a 22 for their incoming class, but was not sure on their out of state applicants so that really helped.

Please reformat: ► How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄

You have a great chance in-state, but you should network to know how the TMDSAS process works. Have you reached out to the admissions recruiters and diversity/student services administrators at the Texas schools? How about SDNA and HSDA chapter officers at the schools? It might have been challenging as an athlete, but did you participate in any academic enrichment programs?

Please reformat: ► How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄

You have a great chance in-state, but you should network to know how the TMDSAS process works. Have you reached out to the admissions recruiters and diversity/student services administrators at the Texas schools? How about SDNA and HSDA chapter officers at the schools? It might have been challenging as an athlete, but did you participate in any academic enrichment programs?
Thank you so much for your input! I have reached out to admissions recruiters at Texas A&M COD and have participated in two enrichment programs there as well. What is the best way to find contact info for SDNA and HSDA chapter officers at the schools?

Thank you so much for your input! I have reached out to admissions recruiters at Texas A&M COD and have participated in two enrichment programs there as well. What is the best way to find contact info for SDNA and HSDA chapter officers at the schools?
I'm guessing that you can 1) connect with the student service office, 2) search Facebook for chapter pages, 3) Go to the SDNA and HSDA websites to see if they list officers...

How do you find OOS averages for schools? The guidebook just shows overall averages, nothing splitting up IS and OOS