DO WAMC? DO: 3.43/502

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SturdyDoc_19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my third application cycle and I need advice on schools and chances.
  1. Bacc: cGPA-3.36 sGPA-2.92 with upward trend (I know, reading it hurts me too) Post-bacc: cGPA-4.0 sGPA-4.0
  2. MCAT 2018: 498 (123/125/125/125) 2019: 500 (123/124/126/127) 2021: 502 (123/126/124/129)
  3. State of Residency: Oklahoma with strong ties to Missouri
  4. Ethnicity/Race: White
  5. Clinical experience: 519 total, including 192 high school clinical volunteer hours (1 year as a PRN CNA), 119 unpaid without the high school hours, but the rest paid
  6. Research experience: 2 years (4,560 hrs) as a lab tech with 2 undergrad poster presentations, 3 published manuscripts (with a few more in progress), and 2 accepted abstracts
  7. Shadowing experience: 24 hours with a GP, 3 hours with a Rheumatologist (both MD)
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: 724 hours including mission trips, mentoring disadvantaged youth, and camp counselor
  9. Other extracurricular activities: college cheerleader (1 year), military spouse, 3-year sorority member, and sorority leadership position
  10. Anything else not listed you think might be important: I received one II last year but didn't interview well. I have added nearly 200 hours of clinical experience to my app since due to accidental underreporting and 19 hours of COVID volunteering. I am currently in a graduate certificate program at my top choice school. I have been searching the world for additional shadowing and clinical experience but I can't find anything due to COVID. I am a non-trad and am only applying DO this year. I'm very interested in rural medicine.
I am currently planning to apply to ATSU-KCOM, PCOM Georgia, OSU-COM, KCU, and ARCOM. Are there any that I should add?

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
OSU-COM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
ACOM
UIWSOM
BCOM
LMU-DCOM
ATSU (both schools)
KCU-COM