Mar 29, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello. Kinda new to this but my stats:

GPA: 3.35 sGPA: 3.22 (DIY-post bacc : 4.0 with 28 credits and upward trend senior year)
MCAT: 502 (124/125/126/127)
non-clinical: 250 hours spread around helping at senior homes and helping serve in food shelters (both under the same organization)
clinical: I don't have much (20 hours volunteer at a hospital), but I'm going to be a scribe in a few weeks so I should get around 300 hours by the time I apply in August
Shadowing: 25 hours with an MD and 10 hours with a D.O. (going to try and shadow another D.O. for maybe 10 more hours)

1. I was also wondering what my chances are at touro NY harlem and CHSCOM because I have a lot family in those areas and my stats are low but seem in the realm of possibility there

2. Also does it matter that I don't have a really compelling story/personal statement? I feel because I haven't gone through some dramatic event in my life that lead me to become a doctor, I won't be taken as serious. I kinda just always wanted to become one ever since high school but I haven't exactly had a crazy turning point that lead me to become one or anything like a lot of other applicants.

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Where is your state of residence ? I suggest these schools with your stats:
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
ACOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM

Mar 29, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Where is your state of residence ? I suggest these schools with your stats:
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
ACOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
Thank you. And in Tennessee

About the Ads
Mar 29, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You could also add VCOM (all schools) . LMU-DCOM is another school you could apply to but all the other schools I listed are better choices (check out the school thread on SDN).
Thanks for the advice! Do you have any insight on my question about touro ny harlem or CHUSCOM?

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.