Quantcast

WAMC/ DO School list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You should receive several interviews from your list. You could remove any schools that are in regions that do not appeal to you.

NecrotizingFasciitis

IR/DR PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know specific schools off of the top of my head, but I think some DO schools will require a DO letter of recommendation... so you should obviously remove those schools. Just do some quick googling, or if the information isn't readily available, give the admissions office at the school a call to confirm. Wouldn't wanna waste any money on applying to a school you are DOA at.

That being said, I think you should save up money for travel this fall. ;)

NecrotizingFasciitis

IR/DR PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will definitely look into DO letter requirements to see, hopefully it doesn't cut my list too short. And I have to start saving up maybe get an RV

When I said you should save up money I just meant I think you'll receive a handful of interviews, that's all an RV would be a cool way to get to see more of the country when you're traveled my to interviews though for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

NecrotizingFasciitis

IR/DR PGY-1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For sure; I appreciate all the positive energy and a cross country trip with an RV is something I have always wanted to do. Any suggestions for MD schools to apply to maybe 4-5 of them?

I'm not as savvy with the MD schools, hopefully one of the other SDNers will be able to help you out there.

Neurodoct

OMS-I
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
NYITCOM and Western have a strong instate bias if you are trying to shorten the list. Although if you have a strong reason to attend go for it. As far as MD schools stick to the low-tier schools.