DO WAMC- East Coast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scienceolympian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 503 MCAT (125 in all sections except CARS with 128)
cgpa: 3.6
sgpa: 3.45
Currently enrolled in SMP and planning to retake MCAT in January
I'm from PA, I have about 1500 clinical volunteering, 2000 volunteering hours, and 400 shadowing hours with working as a research assistant for 3 years and 2 leadership positions.

I applied broadly for DO, but I would prefer to stay on the east coast. I've only gotten an interview invite from one school but it's a midwest. I understand being flexible and I wouldn't turn down an acceptance if it was the only one I got. I was just wondering what my chances were of getting into PCOM, VCOM, UNECOM, ROWANSOM, or OUHCOM. Despite not getting interview invites from there yet, do I still have a chance?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I've called Rowan and asked what % of their acceptances are IS and they said ~84% are IS so only 16% are OOS. I think your stats fit in with their average range but I'm guessing their accepted OOS applicants have pretty high stats and will only overlook lower stats for their IS applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
I've called Rowan and asked what % of their acceptances are IS and they said ~84% are IS so only 16% are OOS. I think your stats fit in with their average range but I'm guessing their accepted OOS applicants have pretty high stats and will only overlook lower stats for their IS applicants.

there are 6 DO schools which have low OOS-- Rowan, touro california, michigan state, UNTHSC-TCOM, Ohio University and Oklahoma state U.

@Goro knows a lot about DO schools and may know other DO schools with low out of state