• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Jan 15, 2021
Hi,
I need some advice/feedback on this upcoming cycle. I'm non-traditional and have been out of school for about 2 years. I work at a tech company as a system engineer and I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle. I have a B.S. in Biomedical engineering but my current job is not related at all. I'm open to taking more classes as to increase my GPA but I'm wondering if it will make a difference considering I've taken all the prerequisite and a decent amount of upper science courses. I'm open to any feedback or advice.

My current stats

uGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.33 (This varies between AMCAS, AACOM,TMDAS)
Post Bac (DIY-15 credits): 4.0
GPA w/ Post Bac- 3.31
MCAT: 510

URM- AA
Clinical
- 100 hours (Combination of volunteering at a Nursing home & shadowing)
Research- 70 hours
Volunteer- 250 hours
Leadership- President of Society of Women Engineers, Membership Chair NSBE, Academic Honesty Committee for College of Engineering
Additional- In undergrad I invented and designed a medical device to help patients with respiratory conditions. I competed and won multiple local/regional Shark Tank competitions and formulated a provisional patent.
(I don't know if this is relevant or what category this would go in under EC)

I also studied abroad in Accra, Ghana for a semester. (Also not sure if this is relevant to people looking at my application.

Jul 30, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I’d get more clinical hours (250+ in total ideally) before you apply.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.