WAMC Engineer at Tech Company to Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi,
I need some advice/feedback on this upcoming cycle. I'm non-traditional and have been out of school for about 2 years. I work at a tech company as a system engineer and I'm planning on applying this upcoming cycle. I have a B.S. in Biomedical engineering but my current job is not related at all. I'm open to taking more classes as to increase my GPA but I'm wondering if it will make a difference considering I've taken all the prerequisite and a decent amount of upper science courses. I'm open to any feedback or advice.

My current stats

uGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.33 (This varies between AMCAS, AACOM,TMDAS)
Post Bac (DIY-15 credits): 4.0
GPA w/ Post Bac- 3.31
MCAT: 510

URM- AA
Clinical
- 100 hours (Combination of volunteering at a Nursing home & shadowing)
Research- 70 hours
Volunteer- 250 hours
Leadership- President of Society of Women Engineers, Membership Chair NSBE, Academic Honesty Committee for College of Engineering
Additional- In undergrad I invented and designed a medical device to help patients with respiratory conditions. I competed and won multiple local/regional Shark Tank competitions and formulated a provisional patent.
(I don't know if this is relevant or what category this would go in under EC)

I also studied abroad in Accra, Ghana for a semester. (Also not sure if this is relevant to people looking at my application.

Members don't see this ad.

I’d get more clinical hours (250+ in total ideally) before you apply.

Reactions: 1 user