WAMC/Feedback on school list URM MCAT511

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A50

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a first time applicant and new to SDN

Black female
MD resident, disadvantaged
3.41 cGPA, 3.22 sGPA (double degree in biology and public health), 4.0 sGPA and cGPA (graduate post bacc program at a top 15 school)
I am worried about my sGPA because the trend is not as strong as the trend in my cGPA.
MCAT: 511 (129, 126, 128,128)

Clinical Experience (2300+ hours): scribing, patient tech, shadowing

paid employment: (6000+) full time restaurant position (had to work through college cause of family circumstance), full time intern for government agency (public health)

Volunteering ( 870+ non clinical, 144 clinical): ER volunteer, intern for another government agency (public health), intern for non-profit organization, 2 volunteer trips

Research: 700+ hours departmental honors project ( high honors) ( no publication)

Teaching: 390 hours teaching low income and ESL kids at a local school

Leadership: 200+ hours senate committee member, volunteer trip leader

Gap year: MPH program and continuing paid internship at government agency

Schools: UMD, case western, Einstein, Emory, Yale, Columbia, evms, vcu, Quinnipiac, mount Sinai, Ohio state, Morehouse, Howard, saint louis, Thomas Jefferson, u Pittsburg, u Michigan, u Chicago, Wayne state.

Please provide any comments on school list. Thank you.
@gyngyn @Goro @Faha @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

I second Gyngyns reply.

I think that you should for sure apply to:
  • Your State School - UMD
  • Morehouse
  • Howard
  • Drexel
  • Case Western
  • GW
  • Drew/UCLA (I've heard of those with similar stats to yours not only get accepted but with the Geffen Scholarship (full-ride)
  • Temple
  • Emory
  • Georgetown
  • University of Miami
  • Dartmouth
  • Yale
  • Icahan
To this list add any other school that appeals to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for the feedback, really appreciate it.

@gyngyn @Dr. Meliodas @Goro Thank you guys so much for your advice, I had a phenomenal cycle that it even shocked me. Out of 21 applications, I had 14 interviews, attended 9 and was accepted at all 9. I ended up with several full tuition scholarships and the Geffen scholarship at UCLA/Drew so I am probably going to attend. Thank you all again so much for your help.

Reactions: 8 users
@gyngyn @Dr. Meliodas @Goro Thank you guys so much for your advice, I had a phenomenal cycle that it even shocked me. Out of 21 applications, I had 14 interviews, attended 9 and was accepted at all 9. I ended up with several full tuition scholarships and the Geffen scholarship at UCLA/Drew so I am probably going to attend. Thank you all again so much for your help.
Can i pm u as an urm?

Could I pm you also as an URM?