WAMC? First cycle applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMorePreDent

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I just took the DAT a few days ago but I had already submitted all of my applications in early July, so now I'm just waiting for my schools to receive my scores. I got a 22AA, 22 TS, 23PAT, 23RC and 19 QR. I was happy with my scores, though I wish I had done a little better on QR. I have a AADSAS calculated 3.4 Overall GPA. I had a rough first two years, but ended undergrad with a steep upward trend (i.e. 2.9 one semester to 3.75 the next) and made 4 straight dean's lists. My science GPA is around 3.28ish, so I decided to enroll in a biology masters program at a state school near my hometown, though I would not be able earn the degree before matriculating into dental school if I am accepted this cycle. I have over 400 volunteer hours with patient contact, leadership experience, and letters of recommendation all from a unique organization that I have been involved with for a couple of years, though it is not directly dental related. I also have a few other extra curricular activities and good shadowing hours. I applied to 8 schools: UNE, Buffalo, Tufts, Boston, Temple, Maryland, VCU, and LECOM. I was just wondering what you guys think of my chances with these schools and whether or not some are more of a reach than others. Also, if there is anything else I can do to improve my chances. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also, my DAT scores were posted yesterday to ADA and I indicated they be sent to every dental school at the time of registering. How long will it take for the official scores to show up in AADSAS and will schools begin reviewing my application before then if ADA already sent them, or will my application only be considered complete once AADSAS adds them to my application?

Also, my DAT scores were posted yesterday to ADA and I indicated they be sent to every dental school at the time of registering. How long will it take for the official scores to show up in AADSAS and will schools begin reviewing my application before then if ADA already sent them, or will my application only be considered complete once AADSAS adds them to my application?

It took about 2 weeks for my friend's official scores to post in July. I believe your application will only be complete once the official scores are received by AADSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
It took about 2 weeks for my friend's official scores to post in July. I believe your application will only be complete once the official scores are received by AADSAS.
Was that 2 weeks after they were verified and posted by ADA? Or two weeks after their test?

And my question has been answered, they were added to my application this morning!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. So I just took the DAT a few days ago but I had already submitted all of my applications in early July, so now I'm just waiting for my schools to receive my scores. I got a 22AA, 22 TS, 23PAT, 23RC and 19 QR. I was happy with my scores, though I wish I had done a little better on QR. I have a AADSAS calculated 3.4 Overall GPA. I had a rough first two years, but ended undergrad with a steep upward trend (i.e. 2.9 one semester to 3.75 the next) and made 4 straight dean's lists. My science GPA is around 3.28ish, so I decided to enroll in a biology masters program at a state school near my hometown, though I would not be able earn the degree before matriculating into dental school if I am accepted this cycle. I have over 400 volunteer hours with patient contact, leadership experience, and letters of recommendation all from a unique organization that I have been involved with for a couple of years, though it is not directly dental related. I also have a few other extra curricular activities and good shadowing hours. I applied to 8 schools: UNE, Buffalo, Tufts, Boston, Temple, Maryland, VCU, and LECOM. I was just wondering what you guys think of my chances with these schools and whether or not some are more of a reach than others. Also, if there is anything else I can do to improve my chances. Thanks!
Your odds are pretty good. You should not get screen for academic reasons. Now be patient and then crush some interviews. You got this.

Reactions: 1 user