This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunrizon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Too heavy handed... You need to consult the AAMC MD/PhD spreadsheet that indicate which schools consider/support international applications. URiM is used for US citizens/PR because the NIH has an interest on diversity, but their interest is limited to those groups, not international applicants.

AAMC website:

You must also look at the AAMC FACTS table 8 to learn the number of applicants and matriculants to each of those schools. For example, Dartmouth had 333 applicants and 2 matriculants. That is a highly competitive ratio, whereas for example, VCU had 187 applicants and 8 matriculants.
See:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Too heavy handed... You need to consult the AAMC MD/PhD spreadsheet that indicate which schools consider/support international applications. URiM is used for US citizens/PR because the NIH has an interest on diversity, but their interest is limited to those groups, not international applicants.

AAMC website:

You must also look at the AAMC FACTS table 8 to learn the number of applicants and matriculants to each of those schools. For example, Dartmouth had 333 applicants and 2 matriculants. That is a highly competitive ratio, whereas for example, VCU had 187 applicants and 8 matriculants.
See:
Thank you for the response. Can you direct me to the spreadsheet showing the schools that accept international students into their MD/Ph.D programs

Members don't see this ad :)
It should be somewhere in the AAMC MD/PhD website. We and others responded to the survey.
Thank you for your input. I will broaden my school list.
Concerning my actual stats, do I atleast have a decent shot? In your experience

I don't think international students can be considered URM anywhere unfortunately, and if you can, I would wait a year or maybe at least one month before applying so you'll have more clinical hours. 200hrs very recently (they look at the dates you completed your activities) sounds like you're completing them to check it off the list, but that's just my opinion.

I think you have good stats but lower end ECs with low hours for non clinical and clinical volunteering. But for MD/PhD I think with good research and stats sometimes these other factors can be overlooked. Definitely broaden your MD/PhD list a little more