Jan 4, 2021
Hello Everyone! I am applying this 2021/2022 cycle and just wanna know what my chances are at any of the texas MD Schools with my stats/activities. I am already taking a gap year and I'll be honest I don't want to have to take a second one, but if I have to I will. I would preferably like to stay in Texas.
  1. 3.82 cGPA, 3.80 sGPA, upward trend (according to TMDSAS) (AAMCAS - 3.75/3.72)
  2. MCAT: 508 (129/122/128/129)
  3. Ethnicity: Asian
  4. State: Texas
  5. Clinical experience: Hospital volunteer for 100 hours (had to stop due to COVID)
  6. Research experience: 2000 hours at my university experimenting with vagus nerve in rat brains. No publications.
  7. Shadowing: 50 hours with a plastic surgeon
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: Currently volunteering with the red cross and a food bank for underserved communities (200 hours projected)
  9. Leadership: Vice President of mental health club at my school and had some leadership experience in my research training new members
  10. LORs: Physician I shadowed, 2 Science professors, 1 non-science professor, hospital volunteer supervisor, and food bank volunteer supervisor
Any help is appreciated. Thank you all so much!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads