WAMC for TX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mddoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in the process of applying but never really got a chance to put my stats here. If anyone can give me some direction for finishing my school list, it's appreciated.

URM, TX resident
cGPA - 3.06
sGPA - 3.00
post-bacc - 3.56
MCAT - 502 (I took last year and got a 501)

I submitted my TMDSAS app in early October, after taking my latest MCAT on 9/28/2020. I am a re-applicant, but I applied several years ago before.

What are your thoughts? Do I have a chance in the TDMSAS school system? I am also planning to apply to TCU/UNT and UISOW, both private schools that use AMCAS, which I have yet to submit but will be doing very soon. I also plan to apply via AACOMAS Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have only a ~10% chance for a MD acceptance. You could receive interviews at some DO schools so I suggest applying to many DO schools and consider all these:
UIWSOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)
BCOM
LUCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
ATSU-SOMA
You should apply soon and submit all your secondaries by November.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have only a ~10% chance for a MD acceptance. You could receive interviews at some DO schools so I suggest applying to many DO schools and consider all these:
UIWSOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)
BCOM
LUCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
ATSU-SOMA
You should apply soon and submit all your secondaries by November.
Thank you! Do you think TCU/UNT school may consider my app also?

Your chance is not great, since your stats are below average and you apply really late for this cycle. You may or may not get an interview from MD schools in Texas. Apply broadly to DO schools both instate and out of state. You really need to apply broadly.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Do you think TCU/UNT school may consider my app also?
TCU matriculant stats are much higher, especially the undergrad GPA is going to hurt you.
Their final deadline for submission is 11/15, and they screen before offering secondaries.

UIWSOM is a DO school which uses the AACOMAS application, not AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
TCU matriculant stats are much higher, especially the undergrad GPA is going to hurt you.
Their final deadline for submission is 11/15, and they screen before offering secondaries.

UIWSOM is a DO school which uses the AACOMAS application, not AMCAS.
Good to know, I saw TCU's cutoff were around my stats so I figured it was worth a shot. Thanks.