WAMC: GPA 3.78 BCPM GPA 3.72, MCAT 503

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGirlWhoWaited

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pleass evaluate my chances!

I am a Biomedical Science Major, Biology Minor. I shadowed an OB/GYN during high school and he hired me upon my graduation. I worked as a medical assistant at his clinic for 2 years. I also have OR experience, in which I scrubbed in and assisted in multiple obgyn surgeries. I was also a science tutor for 8 months. I have 300 hours of volunteering at a local hospital, 20 hours at a nursing home. I am a female, Hispanic (Mexican), fluent in both Spanish and English. I have over 300 hours of research and am currently leading a reaseatch project and serving as a coauthor for my supervisor's paper which we will try to get published this coming January. Chem. 124/ CARS 124/ Bio 129/ Psych 126. I have already submitted my application this cycle. I was planning on retaking the MCAT this August but I might cancel it. That is another question should I cancel?? I'm afraid schools won't consider my app until they get that score and by then it'll be too late. I am a Texas resident, applied to all Texas schools (including DO) except Dell and Baylor. My number one is Galveston. Please let me know my chances, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools. Apply to Dell also. You do not need to retake the MCAT. Are you applying to any schools outside of Texas?

You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools. Apply to Dell also. You do not need to retake the MCAT. Are you applying to any schools outside of Texas?
No, i am not applying to any outside of Texas. I would like to stay as close to home as possible. If i don't get accepted anywhere then I'll retake my MCAT in January to reapply next cycle. I originally thought that taking it this August could help me this cycle but I've read that schools don't wait for the scores anyway.. so why hurry

Members don't see this ad :)
Pleass evaluate my chances!

I am a Biomedical Science Major, Biology Minor. I shadowed an OB/GYN during high school and he hired me upon my graduation. I worked as a medical assistant at his clinic for 2 years. I also have OR experience, in which I scrubbed in and assisted in multiple obgyn surgeries. I was also a science tutor for 8 months. I have 300 hours of volunteering at a local hospital, 20 hours at a nursing home. I am a female, Hispanic (Mexican), fluent in both Spanish and English. I have over 300 hours of research and am currently leading a reaseatch project and serving as a coauthor for my supervisor's paper which we will try to get published this coming January. Chem. 124/ CARS 124/ Bio 129/ Psych 126. I have already submitted my application this cycle. I was planning on retaking the MCAT this August but I might cancel it. That is another question should I cancel?? I'm afraid schools won't consider my app until they get that score and by then it'll be too late. I am a Texas resident, applied to all Texas schools (including DO) except Dell and Baylor. My number one is Galveston. Please let me know my chances, thank you!

I have similar stats... can I ask when you submitted?