WAMC/ Help with school list (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jnautmedicine

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You complete lack of shadowing and low clinical and non clinical volunteering hours will limit your chances for interviews at top tier schools. I suggest applying to more schools and consider these:
Carle Illinois
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Miami
USF Morsani
Washington University (almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Western Michigan
Iowa

Thank you for the help! Since I still have a year until I apply, how many hours of each category should I be shooting for? I plan to work full time as an EMT starting in December to gain some clinical experience, and I'll be able to shadow once COVID gets under control, but how should I target non-clinical hours to give myself a better chance?

Thank you for the help! Since I still have a year until I apply, how many hours of each category should I be shooting for? I plan to work full time as an EMT starting in December to gain some clinical experience, and I'll be able to shadow once COVID gets under control, but how should I target non-clinical hours to give myself a better chance?
50 hours of shadowing (including primary care) is adequate. 200+ hours of non clinical volunteering in service to others such as homeless shelter, Habitat for Humanity, etc. would also help.