WAMC/Help with school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweatytshirt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 3.67/3.54
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 504 in 2017 (123/128/124/129). I am retaking the MCAT on June 2nd. Sample test from last week (75%/87%/61%/83%). AAMC FL#3 from this past Tuesday was a 508 (127/126/126/129) (my test environment got disturbed during CARS. I have been consistently scoring in the 127-129 range on both Kaplan and AAMC since January)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): WA
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: AA
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Mid-low tier state school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 100 hours volunteering in an ER, ~20hrs in surgery, 2 years working in patient registration in an ER, 2 medical humanitarian missions as a medic in the army.
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~200hrs and a poster presentation at a regional conference
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 20hrs ER, 20hrs Cardio, 40hrs Primary care, 12hrs Surgery
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: practically non-existent, unless I count the minimal hours of work I did volunteering through an RSO I was a part of
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): member of an RSO called Men for Social Change, Voting member of my university's Board of Advisory for University Recreation, member of my university's Student Employee Advisory Committee for University Recreation, medic in the Army Reserves for 5 years, independent tutor
  11. Relevant honors or awards: won an award at my university for being one of the top ten seniors of my graduating class
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: Had to drop out of university in the middle of my freshman year, due to financial issues, and worked at a factory for several months before joining the army and returning to school 1.5 years later
  13. School List:
    MD: AZ (Tuscon), Albany Medical College, Wake Forest, Chicago Medical School, Oakland, U of Louisville (grew up in KY), Wayne State, Columbia, Cornell, Creighton, Dartmouth, Howard, Thomas Jefferson, Eastern VA, Loyola, U of Miami, Washington State University, U of Pittsburgh, Morehouse, USF Health Morsani, Meharry, New York Medical College, OHSU, U of Rochester, Stanford, Temple, Tulane, VCU, UW, PSU

DO: LECOM, PNWU, Rowan, NYITCOM, OUHCOM

Also applying to TX schools (nuclear family lives in TX)

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive several interviews from your list of schools. Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, Rochester and Pittsburgh are reaches though that would change if your new MCAT is over 512. Post your new score here when available and you may be able to add more schools.

Reactions: 1 user
You should receive several interviews from your list of schools. Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, Rochester and Pittsburgh are reaches though that would change if your new MCAT is over 512. Post your new score here when available and you may be able to add more schools.

Yea, I know several of those are reaches, but it would bug me if I didn't at least try. Are there any other schools you would recommend I add to my list?

You could add any of these schools:
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Seton Hall
Georgetown
George Washington
NOVA MD
St. Louis

Reactions: 1 user