Deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickMAN257

Reaction score
Date of submission: June 1st
Overall GPA: 3.95
Science GPA: 3.95
DAT Score AA:20, TS:20, QR:20, RC:19, Bio:21, GC:19, OC:20, PA:22
State of Residence: Michigan

Undergrad attended: State School
Major: Bio-Chem
Minor- Health Sciences
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100 General Dentists, 50 Ortho
Volunteering Experience: 200 (food drive, giving dental products to homeless)
Employment: None
Other Extracurriculars: NCAA College Volleyball Player- Student-athlete, Co-Founded Non-Profit Organization that gives dental products to those in need within metro/urban areas. First chair flute in a local band.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Academic All American?
LOR Type and Strength: 2 Science, 1 Coach, 1 (Marquette Graduate) Oral Surgeon, 1 Dentist)
Misc Info: No Red Flags other than DAT?

School List:
Michigan
UDM
Marquette
Ohio State
Iowa
Maryland
Nova

Where else should I apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: June 1st
Overall GPA: 3.95
Science GPA: 3.95
DAT Score AA:20, TS:20, QR:20, RC:19, Bio:21, GC:19, OC:20, PA:22
State of Residence: Michigan

Undergrad attended: State School
Major: Bio-Chem
Minor- Health Sciences
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 100 General Dentists, 50 Ortho
Volunteering Experience: 200 (food drive, giving dental products to homeless)
Employment: None
Other Extracurriculars: NCAA College Volleyball Player- Student-athlete, Co-Founded Non-Profit Organization that gives dental products to those in need within metro/urban areas. First chair flute in a local band.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Academic All American?
LOR Type and Strength: 2 Science, 1 Coach, 1 (Marquette Graduate) Oral Surgeon, 1 Dentist)
Misc Info: No Red Flags other than DAT?

School List:
Michigan
UDM
Marquette
Ohio State
Iowa
Maryland
Nova

Where else should I apply?
remove nova

remove nova
Thank You will do! I knew out of state would be a reach but 3 people from my school were accepted last year so I thought it may be worth a try. Are there any others you would add? And do you think I will have applied broadly enough?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank You will do! I knew out of state would be a reach but 3 people from my school were accepted last year so I thought it may be worth a try. Are there any others you would add? And do you think I will have applied broadly enough?
it's not about being OOS
NOVA has had some pretty bad issues in the past...

IMO, you are not broad enough
you have an awesome GPA, but your DAT is below matriculant average
you have almost all state schools

have you participated in events/volunteered/shadowed at UM D School?

Reactions: 1 user
Similarly have you gone to any recruitment events at UDM? Case and Marquette are peer private schools to UDM so no reason to not try Case. Creighton for another private in the Midwest though I don't know how much affinity you have with being in a little more rural area.

Similarly have you gone to any recruitment events at UDM? Case and Marquette are peer private schools to UDM so no reason to not try Case. Creighton for another private in the Midwest though I don't know how much affinity you have with being in a little more rural area.
Thank you will add Case to the list. I have been to one event at UofM nothing at UDM. Do you think I have a decent chance of being accepted somewhere? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.