DO WAMC low gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrapshootDO

Reaction score
Colorado Resident, ORM
Major: Biochemistry; Biology and Math Minors
cGPA: 3.38 Good upward trend, I think 3.75 senior year
sGPA: 3.20
MCAT: 507 (127/125/128/127)

Clinical Volunteering: 165 hours over a year as a care coordinator at free clinic.
Clinical Work: 1000+ hours as a CNA, might continue this through gap year or might scribe
Shadowing: 50 Hours, mostly in primary care, some ED
Non-clinical Volunteering: Spent a month at a summer camp working with disadvantage high school kids and will work at the same camp (paid this time) this fall for 3.5 months; 20 hours working on a skin cancer prevention group where we got sunscreen dispensers implemented on campus and educated students about skin cancer prevention. Also volunteered for a week at another church camp
Leadership: Founded a Christian Fraternity, was VP and then President; RA for 1 year
Other: I played rugby (club) for 2 years in undergrad. This was part of why my gpa was low my first two years and why I quit
Tutoring: 50 hours paid middle school math tutor
Research: none lol
Awards: None other than 1 semester on the dean's list.

It might be worth mentioning, I might apply this cycle, but I also might apply next cycle. Either way, I am going to take some DIY post bacc classes that should bring my gpas to ~3.42 cGPA and ~3.3 sGPA

I have a pretty solid PS that ties my ECs into why I want to do primary care, as well as a solid LoR
I plan to apply to most DO schools except the state schools I know I don't have a chance at

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are competitive for most DO schools and should receive several interviews if you apply broadly as you have indicated.

You are competitive for most DO schools and should receive several interviews if you apply broadly as you have indicated.
Even if I apply this cycle before taking the postbacc classes? My biggest concern is my sGPA as is