WAMC: MCAT 504, cGPA: 3.81, scGPA: 3.67

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiouskathy98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So these are the schools I have applied to thus far, any else I should add? Would like to go MD, if possible and stay on the East Coast.

MD
Morehouse
Meharry
Howard
MCG
Mercer

DO
VCOM - Carolinas
PCOM - GA

BIO: I'm a GA resident, cGPA: 3.81, scGPA: 3.67, MCAT: 504. Race: Asian. I have 100+ shadowing hours with 200+ hours of clinical experience. I have been involved with research for 2+ years. I believe my secondary, personal statement, and activities section are strong. I appreciate your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could receive an interview at MCG but your chances are better at Mercer. Are you planning to apply to other MD schools or DO schools ?

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I'm planning to apply to Mercer, Morehouse, GAPCOM, MCG, Howard, and Meharry. I'm Asian so my chances at Morehouse, Howard, and Meharry are low, but might as well try? I want to stay in the Southeast, but willing to travel Northeast too.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to more DO schools and I suggest these with your geographical preference:
CUSOM
ACOM
VCOM-VC
VCOM-CC
VCOM-Auburn
LECOM-Bradenton

Apply to more DO schools and I suggest these with your geographical preference:
CUSOM
ACOM
VCOM-VC
VCOM-CC
VCOM-Auburn
LECOM-Bradenton

Thanks so much! I'll look into these. Do you have any other MD recs?

Chances are low for MD, but I dont think you will have much luck with the HBCUs. Expand to MD schools with your MCAt within the 10th percentile.

If needed, reapplication strategy should include retaking the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:
WVU if from a rural area
Oakland U Beaumont
Wayne State
MCW
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
TCU/UNT
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Your state school(s).

Any DO school. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Reactions: 1 user
Just going to comment as a Georgia resident and say the state is not as in state friendly as you think it is. I had a higher MCAT and GPA than you and got more interviews out of state (and acceptances) than in state. Mercer is probably your best bet (got an interview there but sadly waitlisted). MCG is probably out of reach unless you have some stellar ECs. I have friends with 508s and 512s that didn’t get in this cycle there. Also HBCUs will only be interested in you if you have experience serving minority communities. Good luck.