• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

WAMC-MD/PhD 512 MCAT

Goblue9897

2+ Year Member
May 1, 2018
Hey all,

I'm hoping that current MD/PhD students or ADCOMs can answer my question. I'm here with the classic "should I retake the MCAT?" question. I just got my score back today and got a 512 (127/127/128/130). I consistently scored 4-5 points higher on all my practice exams so I was bummed by this, and I know that a 512 is not going to make me stand out for any MD/PhD programs. I'm not gunning for T20 or anything, but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try this cycle or hold off and retake.

For context, I'm white, have a good GPA (3.8) and 4 years research experience, lots of clinical experience, leadership, and good LORs. I'm not against taking another gap year if it means getting a better MCAT and not going through a whole app cycle in vain.

Thanks in advance!!!

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.