MD WAMC MD-PHD (and/or MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Minerva9

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What research are you able to do during Covid? Can you carry out computational research without being there in person?

I think you need more research hours and accomplishments before making a go at that tier of schools.

Have you considered posting this on Student Doctor’s MD/PhD forum?

Congrats on the MCAT improvement. How did you pull it off?

Yes, and I am working actively on two different projects at the minute. This is a good idea - I will do that now!

I spent a lot of time learning how to "teach" the material on the MCAT, as opposed to simply memorizing it, and I think that helped me. Please let me know if you have questions - I am very happy to help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your shadowing and clinical volunteering hours are below average but your MCAT score of 520 and your GPA are very competitive. You are fine to apply now and consider adding these schools:
Washington University
Rochester
Case Western
Western Michigan
Miami
Kaiser
U Virginia
Tufts
Dartmouth

Last edited:
You have a good application with excellent academic grades (GPA/MCAT) and enough extra curriculars to get you into a medical school program this year.

Your extra research hours will probably make up for the lower number of clinical volunteering and shadowing hours. Try and see if you can get some shadowing hours now by the time the interviews roll in.

Not sure if it is worth it to spend one more gap year to bolster your application.

@Faha Thank you so much for your suggestions - I truly appreciate them! I will definitely add some of these schools to my list.

@nkal225 Thank you for your input - I truly appreciate it! I have decided to continue with applying this cycle based on the comments I have received from everyone here. Regarding the shadowing hours, I do plan on getting some more hours this year if conditions permit!

Reactions: 1 user