Dec 16, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi :) I'm applying in the upcoming cycle and need help assembling a school list! I know I'm a very average applicant, so any suggestions to further strengthen my app are greatly appreciated. About me:

Stats: 3.74 GPA, 3.63 sGPA, 512 MCAT, ORM female
State ties: grew up in WV, undergrad in PA, working in CO now
Clinical Experience: 640 hours of clinical experience as a PCT on an ortho unit
Clinical Volunteering: 100 hours as an EMT, hospital greeter, and at planned parenthood
Nonclinical Volunteering: 130 hours at a food pantry & as a discussion leader with international students
Research: 400 hours at one lab throughout undegrad. 3 poster presentations. no pubs :(
Leadership: two leadership roles in two clubs (one pre-health, one honor society), undergrad TA for 2 years

Other stuff: got a job in clinical research so will be getting more clinical/research hours. Also have a Wilderness EMT cert.
I'm interested in applying MD and DO and casting a broad net of low/mid-tier schools. Here's what I have so far:

WVU
Marshall University
University of Pittsburgh
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
University of Colorado
University of Vermont
Wake Forest
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
UMass
New York MC
Albany
Loyola
Eastern Virginia
Oakland Beaumont

Jun 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Pretty good list. I'd probably add Jefferson and Geisinger in PA. U Mass is probably not a strong choice given low OOS acceptance and higher median MCAT. Maybe add Kentucky schools if they are friendly to those with WV ties.

Reactions: 1 user

Banco

5+ Year Member
May 28, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Good application and pretty good list to start, but I would have at least 20-25 schools total.

Consider: Jefferson, TCMC, Georgetown, George Washington.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.