-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slapshot regatta

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have a good chance. Maybe not USCF but UCSD is within reach. If you are at a good med school that certainly would help too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
78%

But no one knows and who cares anyway? If randos on the internet told you you had no shot, would you really not apply? Just shoot your shot. The only thing anyone actually knows for sure is that if you don’t apply, your chances are 0%.

Reactions: 4 users
1618539421247.png

Reactions: 2 users
Realistically, not a great shot unless you have a letter writer who personally knows someone in a CA program and can call for you. Purely based on stats and achievements, you are below average for a DO applying for rads in CA.

Shouldn't stop you from applying, obviously.

Realistically, not a great shot unless you have a letter writer who personally knows someone in a CA program and can call for you. Purely based on stats and achievements, you are below average for a DO applying for rads in CA.

The OP is a MD.

I would say reasonable shot to match somewhere in California.

Isn't it crazy with those super high stats , this student is below despite being one point below for the average for step 1 for matched rads and 260 which is 10+ for step 2 simply because he is a DO ? Thats insanxe.

Isn't it crazy with those super high stats , this student is below despite being one point below for the average for step 1 for matched rads and 260 which is 10+ for step 2 simply because he is a DO ? Thats insanxe.

Simply because he is DO and applying to CA radiology programs*

Then yeah, you should be fine. I don't know why I thought you were a DO.