WAMC? Okayish gpa and low dat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Studentofdeen

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT may be like 18 or 19. I'm planning to take and I'm worried. My gpa is 3.96. My major is cultural anthropology with a minor in physical science and minor in asian american studies.

The schools I plan on applying is

California Northstate University,
University of southern California
Loma Linda university california
Western university california
UCSF
University of the Pacific California
UCLA
Howard university
University of Illinois at Chicago
Midwestern university illinois
Southern illinois university
Oregon health and science university

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

My DAT may be like 18 or 19. I'm planning to take and I'm worried. My gpa is 3.96. My major is cultural anthropology with a minor in physical science and minor in asian american studies.

UCSF
UCLA
Howard university

are you applying this cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
No. I was thinking about after the summer when I take the exam

Members don't see this ad :)
18-19 is not very strong for the UCs - would not apply if you do get that score. Howard is a good choice but only if you are URM. While your GPA is high, your major is not a science (also so what is your sGPA?). You also need enough shadowing and volunteering, and to apply early in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users

UCSF
UCLA
Howard university

does not have a dental school as far as I know

Yes thanks. I'm going to all I can to aim higher. I'm just nervous and preparing for the worst. As for my science gpa...too be honest I'm not sure. I believe it should be close to that since I only received one B. You also said do not apply to Howard unless I'm URM? What does that mean? So there is a possibility I could get rejected from all these schools?

As for shadowing, I'm going to focus on that. For volunteering, I have hundreds of those. And I have been a clinical scribe and medical assistant until my doctor moved clinics. I was a tutor at college. I have a huge diversity and am also a peer mentor. I have good extracurricular activities, good lor, just need to focus on PS and DAT. So I'm really hoping I can get atleast in one of these schools

Yes thanks. I'm going to all I can to aim higher. I'm just nervous and preparing for the worst. As for my science gpa...too be honest I'm not sure. I believe it should be close to that since I only received one B. You also said do not apply to Howard unless I'm URM? What does that mean? So there is a possibility I could get rejected from all these schools?

wow, you need to relax
you have 8 months before the cycle opens next year

Reactions: 1 users
18-19 is not very strong for the UCs - would not apply if you do get that score. Howard is a good choice but only if you are URM. While your GPA is high, your major is not a science (also so what is your sGPA?). You also need enough shadowing and volunteering, and to apply early in the cycle.
Pretty sure his sGPA would be at least 3.8+ with a cGPA that high

I'm still worried from rejected from these schools. What do you think? Is it possible or what can I do?
Thank you all for replying

I'm still worried from rejected from these schools. What do you think? Is it possible or what can I do?
Thank you all for replying

you have an excellent GPA, so you obviously are smart enough to do well on the DAT
worrying about it now is not constructive
nothing we can say will rid you of these negative thoughts
it has to come from within you...

Reactions: 2 users
When do the application cycles start? Or does differ by each school?
Thank you all so much for replying