WAMC, ORM, reapplicant, suggestions on my school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basophilic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applied last year didn't get in anywhere; MCAT score expired so retook it.
Stats:
3.75/3.70 GPA from top 30 school
MCAT (expired) 518 (132/123 CARS/131/132) --> MCAT (new) 519 (132/125 CARS/131/131); I know my 123 CARS was a red-flag but hopefully 125 doesn't keep me out.
Experiences:
Several thousand hours research: 2 non-first-author pubs in high-impact journals; undergrad honors thesis; 5 conference posters including a 2nd place award
1000+ hours clinical volunteering and shadowing in different kinds of settings
Worked as EMT-B in ugrad
800+ hours TPR MCAT Instructor
700+ hours private science instructor
Some community service: homeless shelter soup kitchen; tutoring
Grad studies:
Will be doing an accelerated MPH program in the 2019-2020 school year

My school list:
I want to focus on schools I will realistically have a chance in. I've already sent out secondaries for some of these. Any suggestions or schools to remove?

- Lower-ranked/unranked privates: I figured since they have no state preference and as all their MCAT/GPA medians fall below mine, I'd have some realistic chances with these.
Albany
Penn State
Virginia Tech
Drexel – Casper
Einstein
Georgetown
Jefferson
Hofstra
Rush
Creighton
Loyola
Loma Linda
NYMC - Casper
Rosalind Franklin – Casper
Nova Southeastern
Tufts
U Miami Miller – Casper
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
St. Louis?
Case Western

- OOS friendly publics:
Eastern Virginia
U of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
USF Morsani
Wayne State
U Illinois?
U Iowa?
U Maryland?

- Higher ranked
Emory
Einstein
Case Western
Pitt

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
PA unfortunately
Add Temple and Commonwealth Geisinger. In addition to your first list you could add these from your other 2 lists:
Eastern Virginia
U of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
USF Morsani
Wayne State
- Higher ranked
Emory
Einstein
Case Western
Pitt

Add Temple and Commonwealth Geisinger. In addition to your first list you could add these from your other 2 lists:
Eastern Virginia
U of Vermont
Virginia Commonwealth
USF Morsani
Wayne State
- Higher ranked
Emory
Einstein
Case Western
Pitt

Thank you for the input. Is there any reason why you removed U of Illinoi, Iowa, and Maryland?
And do you agree that the list I have minus the "higher ranked" schools contains the schools where I have the BEST shot compared to other schools? I would really like spend my money on the schools where I have the best chance and not spend it on too many gambles. Any schools that come to mind that I might've missed in addition to Temple and Geisinger?

Illinois, Iowa and Maryland accept a few non residents with no connection to the state or region and your chances are much better at your PA schools and the other schools in your lower ranked/unranked private list. You already have a lot of schools you are applying to and should receive several interviews. Other lower ranked schools you could try include TCU-UNT, Creighton, Seton Hall and NOVA MD.