WAMC (please give me opinions!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredogtorgirl

Reaction score
Hello! I am a 21 year old female getting ready to apply this cycle. I am applying to a variety of schools (~13) and I am open to suggestions on what you all think is best fit for myself as an individual. I am from Pennsylvania and currently attend undergrad at OSU.

Cumulative GPA: 3.94
science GPA: 3.8 ish
last 45: 4.00

Any degrees achieved - pending graduation from OSU

Veterinary Experience:
- Small animal clinic ~1200 hours total
- Exotic Medicine ~50 hours total
- Large animal ~50 hours total

Animal Experience:
- Exotic ~350 total
- Large animal ~300
- Small ruminants ~100

Research Experience:
~500 total studying transmission of infectious diseases to livestock, pending publication in journal and also recipient of research reward. Also will be graduating with research

Awards/scholarships:
- Undergraduate research apprenticeship program grant
- Deans list every semester
- American society of animal sciences scholar at OSU

Extracurriculars:
- President of plant-based sustainability club
-Pre-vet club
- other animal clubs (x3)
- violin and piano player
- bible study

Employment:
- Veterinary Assistant
- teaching assistant (2 years)
- OSU Library Aid (4 years)
- Cattle mover/milker

Volunteering
- Soup kitchen
-columbus zoo
-local dog shelter
-volunteer at my church

Members don't see this ad.

You could probably apply to any school you want. I will always suggest applying to your IS for that in state tuition life. But you may also want to consider OOS schools that allow you to change residency because the 1 year of OOS and 3 years of IS tuition may actually be cheaper than 4 years IS at Penn in the long run.

Your grades are fine and you have plenty of research experience. If you want suggestions on things you can improve over the course of the next year in case you need to reapply, getting more experience in different fields would be the place to start.

Reactions: 1 user