WAMC/realistic school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hiphopscorpio31

Halloweenie Hut Jr.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
---

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have more than enough shadowing so you don't need any more. You need to really focus on building up your clinical volunteering and your non-clinical volunteering was primarily through your undergrad (2017). You need to involve yourself in non-clinical activities outside of school...beyond your comfort zone (ex. food pantry, feeding the homeless etc).

Reactions: 1 users
Since you have engineering courses in your GPA, what's your BCPM? What upper-level biomedical science classes did you take for your biology minor?

I'll agree your non-clinical volunteering needs something focused on vulnerable populations that reflects consistency and commitment to helping those who may become your patients, outside your comfort zone. I wouldn't rush too quickly into applying.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys! I know that I need to get some more non-clinical volunteering, and I am definitely applying this cycle. So you guys think that I wouldn’t be able to have a successful cycle with my current stats with 50-100 more hours of non-clinical volunteering? Also, my volunteering during undergrad also focused on personally helping to provide meals to specific families in the community as well as gifts for children each holiday season, so there was a focus on vulnerable populations.

Another 100 hours of clinical volunteering will help your chances.I suggest these schools with your stats:
Your 3 NJ state public schools
Seton Hall
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson