WAMC/School List 3.81, 522

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KiwiApplicant

Reaction score
Hello! Looking to get advice on my chances, and how my school list ties into that. I'm worried that my list is a little top heavy, but with my stats I also don't want to get yield protected. Thank you very much for your help and time!
  1. GPA: cGPA: 3.81, sGPA 3.76
  2. MCAT: 522 total score. 131 C/P, 130 CARS, 131 Bio, 130 Psych/Social
  3. Resdence: NY state, attended undergrad in IL
  4. ORM/URM? White male
  5. Undergraduate Institution: T100 school
  6. Clinical Experience: ~60 hours as an EMT right out of high school. 100 hours volunteering at a local hospital the previous summer. Currently trying to get a scribe job for the remainder of my gap years.
  7. Research: 500 hours working as a summer intern at a chemical research/industry startup. 1500 hours working in an undergraduate research lab. 1 publication in a high impact journal as the 2nd author.
  8. Shadowing: 8 hours of virtual shadowing thanks to COVID.
  9. Non-Clinical Volunteering: 20 hours over 4 years singing at a local home for adults with developmental disabilities. 80 hours volunteering in a cultural exchange on a farm in rural Oregon. Will have around 30 hours with Crisis Text Line by May.
  10. Other extracurricular activities:
    1. Worked to support myself through undergrad. 4 years as a manager of a coffee shop working 15-20 hours per week, as well as a year spent tutoring low-resourced public school students in the SAT.
    2. ~800 hours as leadership (Treasurer and then Music Director) of my college a capella group
    3. Singing in various choirs.
  11. Other info: Was going to use this past year as time to boost my application but because of COVID I moved to my father's country for 6 months.
School List

High Reaches:

Columbia

Stanford

Mayo Clinic

Lower reaches:

Cornell

Yale

U Chicago

Northwestern

Mt. Sinai

Targets